Luis D. Kelly, MST, CPA
Luis has diverse experience delivering U.S., international, state and local tax compliance and consulting solutions to a broad range of entity types, such as corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies. He understands the many challenges that companies encounter as they navigate the complexities of business and the interrelationship with taxation.
Luis advises emerging and growth stage US companies venturing into international markets, as well as global companies expanding into the US. He provides reliable advice to help multinational and multistate commercial corporations minimize regulatory and tax risks through solutions, including: due diligence reviews; apportionment and nexus analysis; tax efficient business entity structuring; certification of tax residency; review of tax treaty considerations, and maximization of treaty benefits; and more.
Luis combines deep sector insights with proven, innovative strategies which ensure that the firm’s emerging and growth-stage clients are fully compliant, while balancing U.S. tax considerations with their worldwide tax optimization strategies. He proactively advises AAFCPAs’ clients on maximizing the benefits and minimizing any negative tax ramifications resulting from the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act (TCJA). This includes developing tax minimization plans that take full advantage of all strategies available.
Luis gained seven years of diverse tax experience with Ernst & Young, focusing on middle market companies, private equity firms, portfolio companies and investment funds. He is an active member of AAFCPAs’ Diversity & Inclusion Task Force, and Commercial Tax Training Committee, and is an in-house trainer on changing tax laws that affect business and individual clients.
- Bentley University, McCallum Graduate School of Business – Master of Taxation
- Bentley University – Bachelor of Arts, Accounting
Professional and Civic Associations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA)
- Rhode Island Society of Certified Public Accountants
- National Association of Black Accountants (NABA)
- Association of Latino Professionals for America (ALPFA)
- NABA – Steering Committee Member
- Luis & his wife travel annually to vulnerable communities in Latin America, most recently to Cuba & the Dominican Republic, donating gifts of service and school supplies to children in need.