Audit, Tax & Consulting For Associations
AAFCPAs has extensive experience providing assurance, tax compliance, and consulting solutions to local, state, national and international trade associations and individual membership societies. We know these organizations are as diverse as the people they serve. Many of our partners serve on association boards, bringing additional hands-on experience and practical insight to our clients.
Primary Reasons Association Clients Appreciate AAFCPAs
- Large Annual Conferences – AAFCPAs has extensive experience working with associations who host large annual conferences, including developing pricing matrices to assist with optimizing revenue for conferences and seminars.
- Publications – We provide guidance on the unique issues regarding publications, including: revenue recognition, self-publishing and contracted publishing, identification of unrelated business income, and developing a standard methodology to allocate costs.
- Credentialing Programs – AAFCPAs has proven experience providing guidance on accounting for credentialing programs.
- Membership Databases – AAFCPAs has worked with various membership databases and are familiar with how these systems interact with general ledger packages.
- Financial Training – AAFCPAs provides customized and comprehensive financial training for boards of directors, management, and personnel to ensure effective corporate governance.
- Exceptional Value – We provide the ideal combination of expertise, service, and price.
In addition to best-value assurance and exceptional tax expertise, AAFCPAs provides proactive guidance on areas critical to the success of Associations, including:
- Political Action Committee compliance
- Best practices when there is a related Education Foundation
- Advice on internal controls and financial management best practices, including evaluation of on-site cash controls at conferences and recommendations to enhance these controls
- IT/Software systems efficiencies and effectiveness
- Technology risk assessments
- Analysis of financing options
- Ongoing review of regulatory changes to determine potential impact
- Examination of financial and personnel resource allocations
- Long-term strategic planning
- Calculation of financial ratios and benchmarking to industry peer organizations
- Business process improvement (with a focus on efficiency, effectiveness and internal control)
- Managed Accounting Solutions: Right-size, outsourced accounting solutions, from cloud-based bookkeeping to high level CFO oversight
- Business Performance, Internal Controls & IT Advisory
- Institutional investment advice, money management, financial planning & consulting, executive deferred compensation & retirement plan consulting, and succession planning solutions
- Fiduciary guidance and investment advisory solutions for employee benefit plan sponsors
- Technical Accounting Advisory: Implementation of new accounting standards, assistance with complex operational and financial transactions, audit preparation
“After 25 years with the same CPA firm, the Mass Audubon Audit Committee conducted a thorough search and decided to hire AAFCPAs. Our audit committee was impressed with their expertise, and they have delivered on what they said they would do. I would describe the professionals at AAFCPAs as smart, hardworking, resourceful, and genuine. They ask great questions and are sharp with identifying possible trouble spots. They have strong business minds with attention to detail and act as helpful sources of information.”
Massachusetts Audubon Society | Bancroft R. Poor, Vice President for Operations