CPAs with Human & Social Service Organizations Expertise
AAFCPAs’ extensive experience with human and social services organizations makes us uniquely qualified to best serve you. We provide best-value assurance, exceptional tax expertise, and advisory services to 350+ local, national, and international nonprofit clients, including over 200 human & social services clients.
We specialize in advising human and social services agencies, including: multiservice organizations, behavioral health service providers, residential and day treatment providers, Chapter 766 Schools, and Early Education and Care (EEC) agencies. AAFCPAs provides pragmatic solutions to evolving nonprofit organizations with complex program offerings and diverse funding sources.
Proactive Guidance for Human & Social Services Clients
In addition to best-value assurance and exceptional tax expertise, AAFCPAs provides proactive guidance on areas critical to the success of human & social services clients.
- Multi-year trend analysis including key indicators and ratios designed to clearly document your business results
- Industry-specific benchmarking to peer organizations, including those that are identified by you
- Analysis of operational and internal control systems to provide suggested enhancements and best practice recommendations
- Guidance with preparation and compliance requirements surrounding the Uniform Financial Report including complexities that exist with Surplus Revenue Retention and reporting
- Advice on nonprofit taxation including Unrelated Business Taxable Income and strategies to minimize tax
- Advice and guidance on federal and state compliance requirements, including audits in accordance with Uniform Guidance / Single Audit, and Government Auditing Standards requirements
- Evaluation of reimbursement levels, budgeting and forecasting
- Guidance on operational efficiencies to improve collection of receivables
- Enhancement of the internal and external financial statement format to present your operations in the most clear and concise manner
- Pension audits and ERISA compliance
- Customized and comprehensive financial training for boards of directors, management and personnel to ensure effective corporate governance
- Outsourced Accounting & Fractional CFO: Right-size, outsourced accounting solutions, from cloud-based bookkeeping to high level CFO oversight oversight
- Business Performance, Internal Controls & IT Advisory
- Institutional investment advice, money management, financial planning & consulting, executive deferred compensation & retirement plan consulting, and succession planning solutions
- Fiduciary guidance and investment advisory solutions for employee benefit plan sponsors
- Technical Accounting Advisory: Implementation of new accounting standards, assistance with complex operational and financial transactions, audit preparation
It is our expertise that our clients value most. Our depth within the human & social services industry is unmatched by our peers, and gives us first-hand knowledge to keep you informed of the latest trends and opportunities.
Our clients consider us a best-value CPA firm because we provide that ideal combination of expertise, service and price.