CPAs with Human & Social Service Organizations Expertise
AAF’s extensive experience with human and social services organizations makes us uniquely qualified to best serve you. AAF provides best-value assurance, exceptional tax expertise, and advisory services to 350+ local, national, and international nonprofit clients, including over 200 human & social services clients.
We specialize in advising human and social services agencies, including: multiservice organizations, behavioral health service providers, residential and day treatment providers, Chapter 766 Schools, and Early Education and Care (EEC) agencies. AAF provides pragmatic solutions to evolving nonprofit organizations with complex program offerings and diverse funding sources.
IN ADDITION TO BEST-VALUE ASSURANCE AND EXCEPTIONAL TAX EXPERTISE, AAF PROVIDES PROACTIVE GUIDANCE ON AREAS CRITICAL TO THE SUCCESS OF HUMAN & SOCIAL SERVICES CLIENTS, INCLUDING:
- Multi-year trend analysis including key indicators and ratios designed to clearly document your business results.
- Industry-specific benchmarking to peer organizations, including those that are identified by you.
- Analysis of operational and internal control systems to provide suggested enhancements and best practice recommendations.
- Guidance with preparation and compliance requirements surrounding the Uniform Financial Report including complexities that exist with Surplus Revenue Retention and reporting.
- Advice on nonprofit taxation including Unrelated Business Taxable Income and strategies to minimize tax.
- Advice and guidance on federal and state compliance requirements, including audits in accordance with Uniform Guidance / Single Audit, and Government Auditing Standards requirements.
- Evaluation of reimbursement levels, budgeting and forecasting.
- Guidance on operational efficiencies to improve collection of receivables.
- Enhancement of the internal and external financial statement format to present your operations in the most clear and concise manner.
- Pension audits and ERISA compliance.
- Customized and comprehensive financial training for boards of directors, management and personnel to ensure effective corporate governance.
It is our expertise that our clients value most. Our depth within the human & social services industry is unmatched by our peers, and gives us first-hand knowledge to keep you informed of the latest trends and opportunities.
Our clients consider us a best-value CPA firm because we provide that ideal combination of expertise, service and price.
What Clients are Saying
“Justice Resource Institute benefits from the depth of expertise that AAF provides both on matters specialized to fund accounting and the human services sector, as well as broader evolving accounting and financial issues. AAF does an outstanding job of recruiting and developing talented professionals.”
- AAFCPAs to Present Educational Workshop on Strategic Budgeting at MNN Annual Conference
- Proposed Update to Auditing Standards for Employee Benefit Plans
- AAFCPAs’ Human & Social Services Practice to Present Educational Workshops at Providers’ Council Annual Conference: Transitioning to Data Driven Patient Care, and Strategic Budgeting