Joshua England, JD, LLM
Josh is a tax strategist with extensive expertise advising high-net-worth individuals, nonprofits, and business owners and investors on effective strategies to ensure tax efficiency, asset protection, well-executed succession plans, and wealth preservation. He has been practicing law since 2000 and focuses his practice on the areas of wealth transfer planning, fiduciary and individual taxation, business structuring to maximize tax efficiency, and advising tax-exempt organizations, foundations and charitable donors.
Josh works extensively with business owners and investors to analyze the financial impact a business structure will have from both a business and personal perspective. He also advises clients as circumstances change (such as: opportunities or challenges presented by new tax laws, significant life events, or succession plans) to ensure the client’s current business structure, and tax & estate plans are still providing optimal benefits.
Josh works extensively with charitable organizations, assisting them to incorporate and obtain tax-exempt status, and advising them on issues such as: unrelated business income tax (UBIT), corporate governance and planned giving.
Josh has expertise in trusts and estates, charitable planning, wealth preservation vehicles, and tax research and compliance. He provides estate planning solutions for AAFCPAs’ clients, including the development of wills and living trusts, to ensure the transfer of wealth is consistent with legacy objectives, while controlling risks. Josh provides effective legal and financial asset protection strategies that insulate clients’ assets, and protect specific financial goals, asset portfolios, and personal or business liabilities.
The depth and breadth of Josh’s experience allows him to effectively and efficiently serve his clients by solving complex legal issues in a practical, understandable manner. He has been serving AAFCPAs’ clients since 2012.
- Rackemann, Sawyer & Brewster
- Bowditch & Dewey
- England Law Offices – Owner
- Boston University – Master of Laws (LLM), cum laude
- Vermont Law School, cum laude
- Old Dominion University – Bachelor of Political Science
Professional and Civic Associations
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Society of Financial Professionals
- Non-Profits in the Internet Age – Boston Private Bank & Trust/Lawyers Clearing House
- The Unrelated Business Income Tax and the Internet – Boston Bar Association
- Greater Haverhill Chamber of Commerce – Board Member
- Rebuilding Together – Haverhill
- Team Haverhill