History of AAFCPAs
AAFCPAs (formerly Alexander Aronson Finning CPAs) is the premier CPA and consulting firm based in New England. Our clients consider us an attractive alternative to the Big 4 and national CPA firms. We strive to be the best, not the biggest. We conduct business with sincerity.
- Founded in 1973 by entrepreneur Herb Alexander, our high standards of service excellence were born.
- In 1983, Alexander, Aronson, Finning & Co PC opens a Wellesley, MA office, and in 1984 its Boston office.
- In 1987, 21 East Main Street, Westborough, MA becomes the firm’s headquarters.
- In 2000, Joel Aronson starts the firm’s Wealth Management practice.
- In 2011, Carla M. McCall, CPA and David P. McManus, CPA are named Co-Managing Partners after a successful transition of leadership from our founder, Herb Alexander.
- In 2012, AAF Wealth Management (fka HighSight) becomes an SEC Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) firm.
- In 2013, the firm establishes its Business Process & IT Consulting practice with the addition of James Jumes.
- In 2015, Alexander, Aronson, Finning & Co PC rebrands and changes name to AAFCPAs.
- In 2015, AAFCPAs formalizes its 10% Back to Nonprofits program.
- In 2016, the firm establishes its Outsourced Accounting & Advisory Solutions practice.
- In 2017, the firm moves headquarters to 50 Washington St, Westborough, MA to accommodate growth.
- In 2018, AAFCPAs establishes its Innovation Lab.
- In 2019, AAFCPAs adds 3,000 square feet of office space to its headquarters location.
- In 2020, AAFCPAs acquires Scott A. Goffstein & Associates, a 14-person CPA firm based in Waltham, MA, adding to our expertise in international tax and managed accounting.
- In 2020, Carla McCall assumes sole responsibility of Managing Partner.
- In 2021, AAFCPAs announces its flexible, “Work from Anywhere” policy for staff. Our talent footprint expands across the U.S.
- In 2023, AAFCPAs ranks #93 on INSIDE Public Accounting’s annual ranking of the nation’s Top 100 Firms.
- In 2023, AAFCPAs celebrates 50 Years of Impact!