Audit, Tax & Consulting for Green Tech, Clean Tech
Sustainability is now a key driver of innovation. The booming Green Tech and Clean Tech sectors are stimulated by growing concerns over climate change, stricter government regulations, pressures from environmentally-conscious investors and public interest groups, and shifting consumer expectations.
The ability to respond to market forces ahead of the competition requires a strong financial backbone. AAF provides the business and financial knowledge your business needs to respond to rapid innovation, and fast and agile competition.
AAF’s best-value tax, assurance and advisory solutions help Green Tech and Clean Tech clients increase their competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Tax Planning & Compliance
Here are a few areas we examine that optimize tax and financial results:
- Organization structure to maximize tax benefits for stakeholders
- State and Local Tax (SALT) exposure
- Cost capitalization issues
- Compensation Strategies: Wages, distributions, or a combination of the two
- Income leveling: Lower tax brackets through leveling
- Proposed and executed federal and state tax code changes, and strategies to take advantage of changes
- Federal and state renewable energy tax credits and accelerated depreciation schedules
- Integration with owners’ and/or executives’ personal tax situations
AAF’s tax department also includes a trust & estate tax attorney, who solves complex owner-related legal issues impacting your business and its owners.
AAF provides efficient and cost-effective audits, reviews, compilations and preparation of financial statements, and delivers valuable information about the financial position, performance and changes in financial position of an enterprise.
- Cost capitalization guidance
- Management assertion testing
- Internal audits
- Pension and employee benefit plan reviews and audits (ERISA)
- Internal controls review and design
- Due diligence on acquisitions and divestitures
- Customized assurances services
Profit Enhancement Solutions
- Assistance with planning for new projects
- Business process improvements
- Financial forecasts and projections for existing and proposed projects
- Technology risk assessments
- Service Organization Control (SOC) Reports®
- SOX 404 preparation
- IT security and privacy assessments
- Governance, risk and compliance
- Data analytics and fraud detection
- ERP & financial package selection and implementation
- Protecting intellectual property
- Equity compensation
- VC funding and management
- Benchmarking analysis
- Managed Accounting Solutions: Right-size, outsourced accounting solutions, from cloud-based bookkeeping to high level CFO oversight oversight
- Business Performance, Internal Controls & IT Advisory
- Institutional investment advice, money management, financial planning & consulting, executive deferred compensation & retirement plan consulting, and succession planning solutions
- Fiduciary guidance and investment advisory solutions for employee benefit plan sponsors
- Technical Accounting Advisory: Implementation of new accounting standards, assistance with complex operational and financial transactions, audit preparation
- Business Valuation
Our industry specialists have demonstrated success in delivering business advisory, assurance and tax services to Green Tech and Clean Tech companies with revenues from $500K to over $200M. Our clients consider us a best-value CPA firm because we provide that ideal combination of expertise, service and price.