Janice O’Reilly, CPA, CGMA
Janice is a Partner in the Consulting Division of AAFCPAs and advisor and former leader of the Managed Accounting Solutions (MAS) practice, which provides “right-size” outsourced accounting solutions, from cloud-based bookkeeping to CFO deliverables, designed to optimize the effectiveness of the modern finance function. Public, privately-held, and nonprofit organizations value the pragmatic assessment, infrastructure set-up, and flawless execution of their accounting & finance deliverables—all completed with the resources and technical expertise of AAFCPAs’ full-service CPA and consulting firm.
Janice is a leader in the firm’s Business Transaction Advisory practice, helping clients make informed decisions and execute buy-side, sell-side, and internal transactions through all stages of the deal cycle. She is also a leader in AAFCPAs’ Cannabis practice, and has extensive experience providing knowledgeable financial leadership and accounting oversight to Cannabis operators. This includes guidance to start-ups on accounting infrastructure set-up, finance function operations assessments, cash management, custom reporting, financial planning & analysis, and transaction planning.
Janice is a charismatic leader and collaborative senior finance and business executive with an entrepreneurial approach to problem solving, and extensive global operating experience. Her roles as an angel investor, consultant, president, public company CFO, and Treasurer make her highly sought-after for corporate financial and operational advice in diverse industries.
Janice has a demonstrated ability to help AAFCPAs’ clients achieve corporate goals, both through internal strategies such as employee recruitment, restructuring, and process improvement, as well as through areas of international expansion, foreign subsidiary establishment, growth strategy, IPO, secondary offerings, M&A, joint ventures, capital raising and investor relationships. She consults in the following: internal controls; SOX readiness; GAAP; equity; SEC filings; due diligence; corporate governance; strategic planning; regulatory compliance; compensation; and implementation of new accounting standards, including revenue recognition and lease accounting.
Janice’s understanding of scaling business models, from early stage to the quarterly cadence of a public company, is highly coveted from growth-stage startup companies to publicly-traded entities. Additionally, she has significant experience with corporate governance as the participant, provider and presenter of materials to Board of Directors meetings and related committee meetings, including audit, compensation, and nominating & governance. Janice adds her unique perspective to increase the effectiveness of many business dealings, and she accomplishes all with her proven style of genuine care and authenticity.
- CFO – TechTarget Inc. (NASDAQ: TTGT)
- CFO – The Harder Group
- President – Chief Advisory Services
- President – GWA Information Systems, Inc.
- Treasurer – TechTarget Inc. (NASDAQ: TTGT)
- Treasurer – American Student Assistance
- Partner – TechCXO LLC
- Manager of Audit – Deloitte
- Bentley University – Bachelor of Science, Accounting
Professional and Civic Associations
- Financial Executives International (FEI) – Boston Chapter
- CFO Leadership Council
- Exit Planning Exchange (XPX) – Boston Chapter
- High Tech Financial Executives Network
- Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (AICPA)
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American College of Corporate Directors (former)
- National Association of Corporate Directors (former)
- Bentley Executive Club (former)
- MassVentures – Board Member
- Embrace Change – Treasurer / Board Member
- Belmont Media Center – Treasurer / Board Member
- TechTarget Subsidiaries – Board Member
- GWA Information Systems – Treasurer / Board Member
- Worcester Business Journal: Stock Market Volatility Complicates Investment Advice