Audit, Tax & Consulting for Manufacturing & Distribution
AAF has been helping sophisticated, privately-held companies succeed since our founding in 1973. AAF has the specialized insight and industry knowledge to help our M&D clients with meaningful financial analysis and business insights proven to help you optimize profitability.
AAFCPAs provides proactive tax, audit/assurance, and advisory solutions for M&D companies, including:
Tax Planning & Compliance
Here are a few areas we examine that could have a major impact on reducing your tax burden:
- State and Local Tax (SALT) exposure.
- Compensation Strategies: Wages, distributions, or a combination of the two.
- Income leveling: Lower tax brackets through leveling.
- Continuous research and analysis of opportunities to maximize federal and state tax credits.
- Integration with owners’ and/or executives’ personal tax situations.
- Advisability of forming an IC-DISC for the purpose of providing an additional source of financing via the deferral of federal tax.
- Our tax department includes specialists with experience in trust, estate, owner related issues, and other legal matters that may impact M&D businesses and/or owners.
Exceptional value and strong relationships. Our M&D clients tell us we provide the best ROI from audits in the marketplace.
- Audits, Reviews and Compilations of Financial Statements
- Management Assertion Testing
- Internal Audits
- Pension and Benefit Plan Reviews and Audits (ERISA)
- Financial Forecasts and Projections
- Internal Controls Review and Design
- Due Diligence on Acquisitions and Divestitures
- Customized Assurances Services
- Efficient and non-disruptive to your business
- Meaningful information extracted from the audit process to increase profits
- Network connections – credibility with lenders, attorneys, and insurance brokers
- Our Business & IT Advisory services department is available to review your IT controls and assurance to streamline procedures in your M&D and accounting processes.
Our industry specialists have over 30 years of proven experience in delivering business advisory, assurance and tax services to manufacturers with revenues from $500K to over $200M. Our clients consider us a best-value CPA firm because we provide that ideal combination of expertise, service and price.
- Production Analysis: Understanding all the key drivers of profitability
- Full overhead absorption costing, analysis of burden rates
- Job size
- Benchmarking: Against competition and against your own performance
- Key financial metrics analysis:
- Working capital
- Current ratios
- A/R and A/P turns and days
- Inventory turn and days
- Labor and overhead burden ratios
- Revenue backlog and gross profit backlog
- Key business development metrics:
- Bid hit ratio
- Proposals submitted per month
- Leads generated
- Key financial metrics analysis:
- Estimating process evaluation:
- True cost
- Risk based pricing
- Process and vendor analysis/acceptance/prequalification
- Competitive bid and vendor capability
- Cost tracking: Assuring information is accurate and corresponds to job estimation process
- Change order process: Clarity and timely customer acceptance
- ERP systems efficiencies and effectiveness
- Systems assessments
- Systems requirements and selection
- Project management of an ERP implementation
- Managed Accounting Solutions: Right-size, outsourced accounting solutions, from cloud-based bookkeeping to high level CFO oversight oversight
- Business Performance, Internal Controls & IT Advisory
- Institutional investment advice, money management, financial planning & consulting, executive deferred compensation & retirement plan consulting, and succession planning solutions
- Fiduciary guidance and investment advisory solutions for employee benefit plan sponsors
- Technical Accounting Advisory: Implementation of new accounting standards, assistance with complex operational and financial transactions, audit preparation
- Business Valuation
What Our Clients Say
“For more than a decade, AAFCPAs has helped Quality Beverage become a better company by being proactive to minimize our tax liabilities and by providing quality advice to our executives relating to partnership issues and business combinations. The partners and all members of our engagement team (and even former members of the team) are quick to respond to our questions and concerns. Their counsel and advice are concise and valuable to me and my company.”
Quality Beverage Limited Partnership | Theodore Audet, Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer