Audit, Tax & Consulting for Higher Education
Higher Education institutions face on-going challenges when it comes to institutional liquidity, long-term investment performance, long-term debt, state appropriations, fundraising, financial performance analysis by the Department of Education and other accrediting bodies, financial reporting and disclosures, enrollment levels, student loan capital and the demand for financial aid.
AAF has earned a stellar reputation in the higher education industry, guiding clients closely and successfully through the most serious challenges that face these institutions.
In addition to best-value assurance and exceptional tax expertise, AAF provides proactive guidance on areas critical to the success of higher education institutions, including:
- Evaluate financial and personnel resource allocations while keeping your goals at the fore-front of all decisions
- Proactively review your compliance status to ensure they are in line with all educational rules and regulations
- Address compliance requirements of financial aid programs
- Advise institutions about tax-exempt bonds and other tax credit financing programs to assist with campus expansion
- Advise institutions concerning accreditation requirements and regulations of the U.S. Department of Education
- Provide industry benchmarking reports and best practice policies and procedures
- Apply higher education industry knowledge to improve financial statement presentations and provide trustee and management education
- Unrelated business income tax (UBIT) compliance
- Formulate compensation arrangements
- Identify funding options to help ensure you receive the most for your dollar
- Managed Accounting Solutions: Right-size, outsourced accounting solutions, from cloud-based bookkeeping to high level CFO oversight oversight
- Business Performance, Internal Controls & IT Advisory
- Institutional investment advice, money management, financial planning & consulting, executive deferred compensation & retirement plan consulting, and succession planning solutions
- Fiduciary guidance and investment advisory solutions for employee benefit plan sponsors
- Technical Accounting Advisory: Implementation of new accounting standards, assistance with complex operational and financial transactions, audit preparation
Best Value Solutions
Our higher education clients tell us that our value is unbeatable in the marketplace. If you are considering changing from a Big 4 or National Firm, our clients will tell you that there is no downside to AAFCPAs. We encourage you to contact our higher education clients to learn first-hand of our exceptional value.
“The AAF audit experience has been superior to that of the Big 4 national firms I’ve used in the past. AAF’s preparation is exceptional and ensures a smooth well executed process. The preparation meetings set the stage so they hit the ground running with great efficiency.”
“AAF CPAs fully understands the nuances of Higher Education. Their industry expertise is second to none. It is not just the depth of what they know, but how they explain it to people at all different levels so that it is fully understood by all. This adds tremendous value.”