John Buckley, CPA, CGMA
John has been successfully serving AAF clients for over 20 years. He has extensive experience with the audits of diverse associations, educational institutions, and other community-based agencies. John specializes in working with nonprofit organizations that are subject to federal, state, and other regulatory requirements.
John is AAF’s Educational Services Division Leader, which includes services to independent schools, charter schools and Charter Management Organizations (CMOs), colleges, education services organizations, Chapter 766 schools, and other educational institutions. He has extensive experience with these types of organizations, including working with capital campaigns, financing agreements, and charter school replication.
John specializes in various types of fraud audits including: cash disbursement, credit card fraud, and falsifying employee reimbursement. He has been asked to serve as an expert witness for several attorneys involved in fraud cases. As a member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, John stays abreast of the latest trends in fraud execution and disseminates that information throughout the firm.
John chairs AAF’s Training Committee, which is responsible for overseeing the firm’s staff development program, as well as the firm’s client educational events. He also presents training sessions to the nonprofit community on various topics including fraud mitigation, increasing operational efficiency while maintaining sound internal controls, and understanding financial statements in collaboration with the National Business Officers Association (NBOA), the Massachusetts Charter Public School Association, the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, and the Institute for Nonprofit Management and Leadership. John is a 2010 Worcester Business Journal 40 under 40 winner.
- Worcester State University – Bachelor of Science, Accounting, cum laude
- Net Assets Magazine: The Inside Job: As technology advances, so does the proliferation of more complex fraud schemes
- Massachusetts Nonprofit Network: Nonprofit 411: Is Fraud Preventable? How to safeguard the nonprofit organization
- Christa McAuliffe Charter School – Board of Directors
- Boy Scouts of America, Narragansett Council – Volunteer
- Worcester State University – Business Administration and Economics Department, Advisory Council