Accounting Services for Retailers
Retailers must measure and monitor almost every aspect of their performance in order to achieve topline growth and protect margins. AAFCPAs works with our retail clients to develop a true understanding of how your business operates so we can provide you with the best financial information and data.
AAFCPAs has deep knowledge and over 40 years of experience in providing professional services to the retail industry. Our diverse retail clients include multinational, specialty retailers with stores globally, e-tailers who sell products online, auto dealerships, warehouse and discount retailers.
In addition to best-value assurance and exceptional tax expertise, AAF provides guidance on areas critical to the success of our retail clients, including: maximizing cash, obtaining adequate financing, mitigating risks throughout the organization, and aligning business strategies with growth plans.
Tax Planning & Compliance
There is a lot at stake when it comes to tax. Here are a few areas we examine that could have a major impact on reducing your tax burden:
- Continuous research and analysis of opportunities to maximize federal and state tax credits
- State and Local Tax (SALT) exposure
- Cost capitalization issues
- Compensation strategies: wages, distributions, or a combination of the two
- Income leveling: lower tax brackets through leveling
- Integration with owners’ and/or executives’ personal tax situations
We stay on top of emerging trends and the frequent changes, extensions and revisions to tax code to make sure you are minimizing your tax liability. AAF’s tax department also includes a trust & estate tax attorney, who solves complex owner-related legal issues impacting your business and its owners.
AAF provides efficient and cost-effective audits, reviews, compilations and preparation of financial statements, and delivers valuable information about the financial position, performance and changes in financial position of an enterprise.
- Management assertion testing
- Pension and employee benefit plan reviews and audits (ERISA)
- Internal controls review and design
- Customized assurances services
- Due diligence on acquisitions and divestitures
Profit Enhancement Solutions
- Profitability analysis, including evaluation of store footprint, inventory, supply chains, business processes and labor
- Financial forecasts and projections
- Technology risk assessments
- SOX 404 preparation
- IT security and privacy assessments
- Governance, risk and compliance
- Data analytics and fraud prevention
- ERP & financial package selection and implementation
- Equity compensation
- VC funding and management
- Guidance on franchisor- and franchisee-specific issues
- Inventory strategies
- Cost segregation studies
We have specialized retail industry knowledge, and provide meaningful financial analysis and business insights proven to optimize profitability and achieve sustainable operations. Our clients consider us a best-value CPA firm because we provide that ideal combination of expertise, service and price.