Audit, Tax & Consulting for Behavioral Health Organizations
Behavioral Health Organizations (BHOs) have developed effective strategies for reaching out to and effectively serving individuals with behavioral health and developmental challenges. No other segment of the health care industry has the unique experience and specialization of BHOs across both the public and private health insurance market place.
AAFCPAs has specialized expertise in both healthcare, and human and social services industries. Clients value AAF as a core member of their business team, providing valuable perspectives on topics relevant to the behavioral health industry. As an added value, AAF’s Director of Healthcare Consulting and Reimbursements provides clients with effective strategies to reduce the cost of care, improve quality and outcomes, sustain growth, and move to new value-based reimbursement models.
In addition to best-value assurance and exceptional tax expertise, AAF provides proactive guidance on areas critical to the success of BHOs, including:
- Evaluation of reimbursement levels, budgeting and forecasting
- Evaluation of productivity and staffing for BHOs
- Reporting systems to monitor risk-based plans to ensure all related amounts are tracked and reported properly in the financials
- Improved collection of third-party receivables through operational efficiencies
- Cost report preparation and consulting
- Benchmarking and best practices
- Comprehensive financial training for boards of directors, management and personnel
- Internal control reviews on the 3rd party reimbursement cycle in order to maximize reimbursements
- Managed Accounting Solutions: Right-size, outsourced accounting solutions, from cloud-based bookkeeping to high level CFO oversight oversight
- Business Performance, Internal Controls & IT Advisory
- Institutional investment advice, money management, financial planning & consulting, executive deferred compensation & retirement plan consulting, and succession planning solutions
- Fiduciary guidance and investment advisory solutions for employee benefit plan sponsors
- Technical Accounting Advisory: Implementation of new accounting standards, assistance with complex operational and financial transactions, audit preparation
AAF provides pragmatic solutions to evolving nonprofit organizations with complex program offerings and diverse financing sources. Our depth within the behavioral health industry is unmatched by our peers, and gives us first-hand knowledge to keep you informed of the latest trends and opportunities.