Assurance, Tax, Accounting, and Advisory for Technology / SaaS Companies
AAFCPAs has extensive expertise providing assurance, tax, accounting, and advisory solutions to technology companies, including those manufacturing and/or distributing tech hardware or software as a service (SaaS), people-powered technology services, and technology infrastructure. Our professionals are experienced in all stages of your growth journey, from early-stage businesses seeking venture capital, to those undertaking public offerings.
Our client base includes a significant representation of private equity and venture-backed equity investors, and our experience adds efficiencies and value.
How may we help you?
Why Choose AAFCPAs?
- AAFCPAs’ team of multi-disciplinary professionals includes CPAs, Consulting Tax Attorneys, Consulting CFOs & Controllers, Data Analysts, Business Process, and IT Security Professionals, as well as Wealth Advisors. Our specialists come together quickly to help you persevere through the complexity of running a sustainable, high-performing organization in today’s business world.
- Our team includes senior professionals with Big 4 and national firm experience. They have advised mid-sized, multinational SEC registrants and bring “lessons learned” to emerging companies navigating the accounting and tax complexities of revenue recognition, development costs, share based compensation, and complex equity or debt structures in venture capital transactions.
- And while our ideas and experience are “big,” we pride ourselves on the fact that we are a locally-owned firm that has grown organically as our value proposition is compelling. Our firm continues to expand its nationwide reach.
- AAFCPAs’ diverse tax expertise is delivered by seasoned advisors with years of proven experience advising start-ups, venture-back companies, and companies expanding across the country and the globe with complex multistate, cross-border, international accounting, and taxation issues.
- Many of AAFCPAs’ start-up and emerging growth companies leverage our Managed Accounting & Advisory Solutions practice to achieve their finance function. AAFCPAs provides right-sized, outsourced accounting & advisory solutions, from cloud-based transactional accounting to high level CFO deliverables designed to optimize the modern finance function, and efficiently address your most critical financial processes.
- If an exit is what you’re eyeing, you may access our Business Transaction Advisory team, which advises clients managing and executing buy-side, sell-side, private equity, and internal transactions. We help clients make informed decisions and execute transactions through all stages of the deal cycle.
- AAFCPAs is a premier provider of System and Organization Controls (SOC) reports for organizations that must provide assurance about their systems to users.
- AAFCPAs provides “second firm” solutions in instances where clients’ CPA firm either lacks the resources or has auditor independence issues. These solutions include SOX 404 management assessments, enterprise risk assessments, cybersecurity risk assessments and Vulnerability Management as a Service (VMaaS).
- As an independent member of PrimeGlobal, the third largest CPA firm association in the world, our clients experience seamless national and global coordination of resources, on an as needed, pay-as-you-use basis. Our clients consider us an attractive alternative to national CPA firms.
Massachusetts continues to be a leader in the emergence of technology-based companies. AAFCPAs is uniquely positioned to provide you with the close personal attention of our executive level professionals and help you continue to position your company to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Contact Our Technology Team
What our clients say:
Swoop was referred to AAFCPAs by our former Big 4 audit partner. We were looking for additional value given our size and complexity. AAFCPAs offered the same technical knowledge as our prior firm, and the fee savings were compelling. So, I made the case to our board to switch. We received great testimonials from references, including my network of CFOs, and their overall value was very appealing.
We have had a great experience with AAFCPAs. It usually takes a while to build a historical perspective and gain efficiency, but the team came to the table ready. We have a business to run, so we don’t have time to crawl through an audit. Their professionals are knowledgeable. We don’t receive crazy questions from younger staff—receiving appropriate questions is reflective of a well supervised team. The audit was smooth, remained on track, and delivered early.
Cindy Smith, Chief Financial Officer, Swoop
(Provider of AI-generated digital audiences for the life sciences industry)
“RailRunner moved to AAFCPAs after relocating to Boston from Atlanta over ten years ago. I have been involved in entrepreneurial businesses for over four decades, and have worked with three of the “Big Six” (now “Big Four”), and several smaller firms. AAFCPAs can match any of them, in overall service, responsiveness, accuracy and thoroughness. They have helped us with an overall program of SOX preparedness as well as through several complex private financings. AAFCPAs’ professionalism, high level of personal service and mindful efficiency keep RailRunner a faithful client.”
Charles T. Foskett, President & CEO, RailRunner NA, Inc.