Carla McCall, CPA, CGMA
Carla is co-managing partner of AAFCPAs, a 200+ person CPA and consulting firm with offices in Boston, Westborough, and Wellesley, MA. She specializes in providing assurance, tax, and business consulting solutions for sophisticated nonprofit organizations, including: multi-service human & social services providers, behavioral health providers, arts & cultural organizations, foundations and grant making institutions.
Carla provides proactive guidance and best practices for: new accounting standards implementation (e.g. Financial Statement Framework, Revenue Recognition, Lease Accounting); federal, state and philanthropic contract and grant compliance; internal controls and fraud prevention; financial forecasts and projections; as well as due diligence for mergers and collaborations. Carla goes well beyond the traditional core function of auditor, making it a point to know her clients’ organizational challenges, and vision for the future. When appropriate, Carla leverages AAFCPAs’ multi-disciplinary team of CPAs, estate planning & tax attorneys, wealth advisors, as well as business valuation, business process improvement, and IT security professionals in order to support clients’ current and evolving needs. She shares her unique vantage point through close collaboration with clients, and this inspires new pathways to growth, sustainability, and excellence.
Carla’s dynamic executive leadership, bold practicality, and enthusiasm to embrace change is setting the standard for mission driven, growth organizations. She leads and drives AAFCPAs’ strategic vision for the future, while ensuring day-to-day operations are keeping up with today’s urgent demands. In 2018, Carla launched an Innovation Committee, and an Innovation Lab Changemaker Challenge as a way to challenge the status quo, and to think creatively about solutions to everyday problems. She serves on AAFCPAs’ Risk Committee in order to ensure that proper practices are in place to surface, understand, and manage priority risks.
Throughout her career, Carla has advocated and paved the way for future women leaders in business. She is fully committed to women’s issues and balancing work and family to improve the quality of life for all involved. Her commitment to service, volunteerism, and purposeful work has a contagious effect on all.
- Bentley University – Bachelor of Science, Accounting
- Outstanding Women in Business (2018) – Worcester Business Journal
- Inaugural Harry C. Bentley Alumni Achievement Award (2017) – Bentley University
- ATHENA Leadership Award (2016) – United Way of Tri-County & MetroWest Chamber of Commerce
- Women Up Leadership Award (2013) – Boston Business Journal
- Women to Watch Leadership Award (2013) – Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants – Former, Chair of the Board
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Governing Council
- SheGives Boston – Board Member and Treasurer
- The Jordan Matthew Porco Memorial Foundation – Board Member and Treasurer
- Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce – Women’s Network Advisory Board
- United Way – Chair of the Financial and Governance Allocation Committee
- Center for Women and Business at Bentley University – Former Leadership Mentor
- Strong Women, Strong Girls, Inc. – Former Board and Finance Committee Member
- AAFCPAs Women’s Opportunity Network – Founder