Carla McCall, CPA, CGMA is Managing Partner of AAFCPAs, a preeminent, 300-person CPA and consulting firm based in New England. Carla was named one of the Most Powerful Women in the Accounting Profession in 2020-2021, 2022, and 2023 by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and CPA Practice Advisor Magazine. Her dynamic executive leadership, bold practicality, and enthusiasm to embrace change is setting the standard for mission driven, growth organizations.
Carla has been an instrumental force in the evolution of AAFCPAs, responsible for driving the expansion of services for our sophisticated clients beyond the core audit and tax, such as managed accounting, wealth management, robotic process automation, IT & cyber security, system selection & implementation, and data analytics. She thinks about the client in everything she does and puts AAFCPAs’ customers in the center, at the core of our business, to provide a positive experience and meet their evolving needs.
Carla recognizes the importance of setting an influential tone at the top to inspire AAFCPAs’ people-first, cultural environment and core values. In 2011, she launched AAFCPAs’ Women’s Opportunity Network (WON), which serves as a platform to ensure women have a clear path to leadership. In 2017, recognizing the need to expand on diversity, equity, and inclusion, Carla launched the firm’s DEI initiative. In 2018, she established the firm’s Innovation Lab and Changemaker Challenge, where team members are encouraged to question everyday processes and think like intrapreneurs. And in 2021, Carla launched the firm’s Automation Initiative, supported by the firm’s in-house Data Analytics/Robotic Process Automation team, to help our teams realize measurable results through more efficient and effective working infrastructures. “We can only grow by nurturing and embracing innovation that helps us work ‘smarter not harder,’” said Carla. In 2022, She launched the firm’s Zip2CPA credentialing accelerator program, as well as the firm’s E3 Intern Accelerator Program, designed to provide opportunities for new accounting professionals who are traditionally underrepresented in the industry.
Carla commits a great deal of her personal time to mentoring young professionals and serving nonprofits so that both may benefit from her knowledge and experience in order to thrive. She leads with authenticity and her commitment to service, volunteerism, and purposeful work is contagious. She inspires new pathways to growth, sustainability, and excellence.
- Bentley University – Bachelor of Science, Accounting
- Most Powerful Women in Accounting (2020-2021, 2022, 2023) – AICPA/CPA Practice Advisor Magazine
- Power 50 (2023) – Worcester Business Journal
- National Managing Partner Elite List (2020) – Accounting Today
- Outstanding Women in Business (2018) – Worcester Business Journal
- Inaugural Harry C. Bentley Alumni Achievement Award (2017) – Bentley University
- ATHENA Leadership Award (2016) – United Way of Tri-County & MetroWest Chamber of Commerce
- Women Up Leadership Award (2013) – Boston Business Journal
- Women to Watch Leadership Award (2013) – Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Board of Directors, Vice Chair
- AICPA Governing Council, PCPS – Former Executive Committee
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants – Former Chair of the Board
- The Jordan Porco Foundation – Former Founding Board Member and Treasurer
- Center for Women and Business at Bentley University – Former Leadership Mentor
- Strong Women, Strong Girls, Inc. – Former Founding Board and Finance Committee Member