John Casassa, CPA, MST, MBA
John is responsible for planning and executing financial statement audits for sophisticated nonprofits, including charter schools, educational services providers, federally qualified health centers (FQHCs), and research organizations.
John has experience providing audit solutions in accordance with the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) guidance, requirements, and reviews related to charter school accounting and auditing. Additionally, he conducts audits and reviews in accordance with Uniform Guidance/Single Audit and Government Auditing Standards, as well as US GAAP financial statement reporting. John has experience in the preparation and filing of the Federal Form 990, as well as corporate and partnership income tax returns.
John serves as the president of the Board of Directors of Chesterbrook Community Foundation (CCF) and exemplifies AAFCPAs’ core value of community service. His involvement with CCF goes back to his days at Bentley University, where he volunteered to mentor children and teens who live in Chesterbrook Gardens and Dana Court housing developments in Waltham, MA. John remains an active Bentley alumnus, including volunteering time with Bentley’s Service-Learning and Civic Engagement Center.
- Bentley University – Bachelor of Science (BS), Corporate Financing and Accounting
- Bentley University – Master of Science in Taxation (MST)
- Nichols College – Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Board President, Chesterbrook Community Foundation
- Program Director, Bentley University Volunteer Income Tax Program
- Board Treasurer, Indian Brook Condominium Association
Professional and Civic Associations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants