Michael Higgins, CPA, MST
Michael brings over 25 years of tax experience to AAFCPAs clients. He provides tax planning & compliance solutions for foreign trusts, non-resident individuals, foreign corporations with operations in the U.S., and U.S. shareholders of foreign corporations. His proven expertise helps guide global companies through the confusing and constantly evolving maze of multi-jurisdiction regulations.
Michael simplifies complexities related to: initiation of U.S. or foreign operations, withholding tax requirements, income tax nexus, apportionment issues, filing options, tax credit rules, tax treaties, transfer pricing, reporting of foreign financial assets & foreign bank accounts, inbound/outbound corporate transactions, and audit defense.
Michael helps global companies plan, implement, and successfully manage their international assignment programs. He provides tax planning and preparation of home-country and host-country individual income tax returns for expatriate, foreign-national, and third-country national assignees.
Michael works with AAFCPAs’ overseas affiliates and our internationally based clients’ local advisors to balance our clients’ U.S. tax, regulatory and operations considerations to optimize their global growth strategies.
- Bentley University – Master of Science in Taxation
- Salem State University – Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, Accounting
- Scott A. Goffstein & Associates, LLP – Partner (1995 – 2020)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants (MSCPA)