Nonprofit Management Consulting
“If there is no margin, there is no mission.”
AAFCPAs is deeply rooted in the nonprofit industry. Our team provides audit, tax, and advisory solutions to diverse community, regional, national, and international nonprofit clients. Our depth of industry expertise coupled with our extensive exposure to the best practices in the sector makes us uniquely qualified to advise you with running a highly efficient and effective organization.
Consulting services include:
- Strategic planning
- Business plan preparation
- Improving Board governance, Board training
- Endowment investing and spending policies and related procedures
- Simplifying grant accounting procedures
- Budget and projection preparation
- Cloud Based Collaborative Budgeting
- Agreed upon procedures
- Compliance/guidance with OSD UFR
- Compliance with Commonwealth of Massachusetts Regulations
- Executive compensation for nonprofits
- Business process improvement (with a focus on efficiency, effectiveness and internal controls)
- Technology risk assessments
- Internal audits to improve governance, risk management and management controls
- IT audits/attestation
- Performance measurement
- Data analysis and fraud detection
- Accounting/financial management system selection and integration
- Mergers & acquisitions due diligence
- Representation for state audit issues, and compliance review
- Interim Chief Financial Officer
- Human Resource (HR) consulting
AAFCPAs has been preaching “If there is no margin, there is no mission” to our nonprofit clients for 45+ years, and we have engaged closely with them to solve the issues that impact margins. We apply the same best practices and business disciplines that have been successful with our commercial clients. Our proven advice has a positive impact on margins, which is so critical to the success of your mission. Let us help you.
We care about your success.
We work every day with clients who are tackling issues like hunger, homelessness, job opportunities, training, affordable housing, nutrition, education, children’s services, access to healthcare, arts, cultural and the humanities, environmental sustainability, and alternative energy. Our clients are accomplishing great things—making a difference in our community and with the people who live in it.
Every employee of AAFCPAs feels a strong connection to the not for profit missions that we serve. It is a source of daily inspiration for all members. This pride and responsibility results in exceptional service, genuine concern, and generous support.
The ability to consult with seasoned professionals who are dedicated to remaining on the cutting edge of the nonprofit industry will help you manage all of the moving parts, growing complexities, and future considerations of your business, bringing you peace of mind. Our clients tell us our value is unbeatable in the marketplace.