Daniel Stanhope, MSA, CCIFP, CPA
Dan leads high-energy engagement teams in providing assurance solutions to clients across a wide variety of privately-held, commercial industries, including: Construction, Cannabis, Manufacturing & Distribution, Professional Services, Architecture & Engineering, and Insurance. He offers detailed reports about audit findings and communicates business-critical information to management, positively impacting their decision making.
Dan is a Certified Construction Industry Financial Professionals (CCIFP), and has extensive experience in the construction industry, providing solutions to general contractors and subcontractors from $500,000 to over $1B in annual volume, assisting them with profit improvement and tax saving strategies. He advises clients with the selection and implementation of accounting software programs, marketing initiatives, and employee assessments. Dan’s surety, banking and insurance relationships are valuable to clients seeking renewal or initiating their next bond.
Dan consults on merger and acquisition considerations, and ways to maximize shareholder value, including opportunities to create efficiencies, lower operating costs, and generate the highest return on capital investments. He has extensive experience with planning and compliance aspects of partnership and corporate income tax returns.
Dan is an active member of the firm’s Accounting and Assurance Committee, and a leader of AAFCPAs’ commercial business practice, training professional staff on topics related to: stock compensation, accounting treatment of transactions, and efficiency in assurance procedures. Prior to joining AAFCPAs in 2014, Dan gained over 10 years of experience in public accounting.
- The Professional Contractor: Burden calculations: How to allocate your indirect cost pools to specific jobs
- The Professional Contractor: Ready-Access to True Costs Will Guide Profitability
- The Professional Contractor: The Construction Work-In-Process (WIP) Is A Strategic Tool, Not Simply A Compliance Schedule
- The Professional Contractor: Guidance for Contractors: Best Practices for Optimizing the Balance Sheet for Users of Your Financials
- Northeastern University – Master of Science, Accounting
- Bryant University, Bachelor of Science – Business Administration with concentration in Accounting
Professional and Civic Associations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Associated Subcontractors of Massachusetts
- Construction Financial Management Association
- Worcester Young Businessmen’s Association
- Massachusetts Brewers Guild
- Marlborough Economic Development Corporation, Executive Committee, Treasurer and Board member
- Central Mass Housing Alliance, Board member and Treasurer
- Home Builders & Remodelers Association of Central Massachusetts, Board member
- Marlborough Retirement Board, Board member
- Contractors Children Fund, Board member and Treasurer