Jeffrey Mead, CPA, CGMA
Jeffrey is a Partner and leader of AAFCPAs’ Commercial Practice, providing proactive audit/assurance, tax, and advisory solutions for closely-held and privately-owned businesses. His diverse commercial client base includes: professional service firms, technology companies, publishers, and manufacturers/distributors.
Jeffrey strives to use the audit process as a fulcrum to leverage opportunities and to provide high-value, creative services to his clients. He has significant experience advising clients on economic and tax implications for key transactions, as well as new or complex applications of accounting pronouncements. He is a member of AAFCPAs’ Revenue Recognition and Lease Accounting Task Forces, providing technical accounting advice regarding understanding new standards, assessing the impact, and guidance on implementation and transition. He has extensive expertise advising employee benefit plan fiduciaries, including those offering 401(k), 403(b), defined benefit plans, and profit-sharing plans.
Additionally, Jeffrey advises owners and shareholders on business exit strategy planning, including guidance on selecting the optimal exit, such as: transfer/sale of ownership to next generation, transfer/sale to management; partial sale to private equity firm; sell to Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP); or gifting.
Jeffrey is a thought leader in accounting, presenting financial management and regulatory compliance training sessions to the New England finance community, including the Boston Chapter of Financial Executives International (FEI-Boston), the American Accounting Association (AAA), and Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc. (MCLE | New England). He shares his expertise on professional ethics, how big data and analytics are transforming the assurance process, and best practice implementation of new accounting standards.
- University of Massachusetts at Lowell – Bachelor of Science, Accounting
- University of Massachusetts at Lowell – Chair, Accounting Department Advisory Board
- University of Massachusetts at Lowell, Manning School of Business – Executive-Faculty-in-Residence
- Room to Read – Sponsorship Committee, Co-Chair
- University of Massachusetts at Lowell – Former Dean’s Advisory Board
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants – Former Board Member, Former Chair of the Alternative Sources of Finance Subcommittee