Jeffrey Mead, CPA, CGMA
Jeffrey is a Partner in the Commercial Assurance Division at AAFCPAs, where he provides technical accounting advisory solutions and concurring partner reviews. This includes guidance on standards implementation and interpretation. He is a leader of the firm’s Accounting and Assurance (A&A) Committee, Revenue Recognition and Lease Accounting Task Forces, as well as AAFCPAs’ Risk Committee.
Jeffrey brings empathy, patience, respect, and the will to inspire into his work as coach and mentor for the company’s pioneering Zip2CPA program, where he provides individualized support to employees seeking their CPA credentials. He is uniquely qualified for this role given his 18 years’ experience as a professor at UMASS Lowell, where he gained a passion for teaching and for illuminating a pathway out of the thicket that is the CPA exam.
A thought leader in accounting, he has trained the New England finance community on financial management and regulatory compliance, including members of the Boston Chapter of Financial Executives International (FEI-Boston), the American Accounting Association (AAA), and Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc. (MCLE | New England). He has spoken on professional ethics, how big data and analytics are transforming the assurance process, and best practice implementation of new accounting standards.
- University of Massachusetts at Lowell – Bachelor of Science, Accounting
- Association of International Certified Professional Accountants, FEI-Boston, and MassCPAs – Member
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants – Former Board Member, Former Chair of the Alternative Sources of Finance Subcommittee Room to Read – Sponsorship Committee, Co-Chair
- University of Massachusetts at Lowell – Former Chair, Accounting Department Advisory Board
- University of Massachusetts at Lowell, Manning School of Business – Former Executive-Faculty-in-Residence
- University of Massachusetts at Lowell – Former Dean’s Advisory Board