Jeffrey Mead, CPA, CGMA
Jeffrey joined AAFCPAs as an Audit Partner in 2013 after 33 years in public accounting at national and regional firms. His skills are concentrated on closely-held, privately-owned and family owned businesses. Jeffrey’s commercial audit expertise focuses on four distinct industries within the privately-owned company context: professional service firms, technology companies, publishing companies, and manufacturing companies. He also has extensive expertise with benefit plan audits which include 401(k), 403(b), defined benefit plans, and profit sharing plans.
In addition to assurance services, Jeff’s specialties include strategic consulting in the areas of revenue recognition, particularly with software companies, and ownership transition challenges with respect to both external sales and that of an internal ownership transition. He is a member of AAFCPAs’ Revenue Recognition Task Force, providing clients with advice regarding assessing the impact of the new standards, and guidance throughout the transition process. He provides strategy focused on maximizing shareholder value coupled with very strong creative problem solving skills. Jeff strives to use the audit process as a fulcrum point to leverage opportunities and to provide high-value, creative services to his clients.
- Grant Thornton LLP – Partner
- CCR, LLP – Partner
- Tofias, P.C. – Partner
- University of Massachusetts at Lowell – Bachelor of Science, Accounting
- University of Massachusetts at Lowell – Dean’s Advisory Board
- University of Massachusetts at Lowell, Manning School of Management – Executive-Faculty-in-Residence
- Room to Read – Sponsorship Committee, Co-Chair
- Massachusetts Society of Certified Public Accountants – Past Board Member, Past Chair of the Alternative Sources of Finance Subcommittee