David McManus, CPA, CGMA
Dave is a Tax Partner at AAFCPAs, a 240 person CPA and consulting firm with offices in Boston, Westborough, and Wellesley, MA. He provides assurance, tax advisory, and consulting solutions to privately-held commercial companies, including: multinational manufacturing & distribution companies, real estate developers, auto dealerships, as well as high tech, bio tech, cannabis, and renewable energy companies.
Dave’s areas of expertise include corporate tax planning & compliance, including tax aspects of US companies with foreign subsidiaries, as well as foreign companies that do business within the US. He provides US market entry point consulting, advising multinational commercial corporations and nonprofits seeking to enter US markets via Boston, MA. Dave’s guidance allows these multinational organizations to optimize their global growth and expansion plans, minimize regulatory and tax risks, and increase their competitive advantage in the US. He provides tax efficient business entity structuring of US operations, certification of tax residency, as well as corporate and multi-state income/franchise tax planning and compliance, sales and use tax consulting and compliance, transfer pricing/customs valuations, ASC 740 tax provisions, and due diligence for mergers and acquisitions. He advises clients on the impact of tax code changes, such as the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, including emerging requirements that could impact business and practical steps to take in response. Dave recommends solutions that are consistent with clients’ overall business objectives, best business practices, and in compliance with all applicable tax laws and rules.
Dave is the leader of AAFCPAs’ Cannabis Practice, advising the New England cannabis industry on: audit and assurance; tax planning and preparation; entity structure; financing structures; business plans; financial projections; cost allocations; accounting operations; and more. He has been delivering exceptional value to AAFCPAs’ clients since 1987.
- Assumption College – Bachelor of Science, Accounting
- Worcester Business Journal: Cannabis Firms Must Overcome Financial Hurdles
- Boston Business Journal: AG Healey Supports Federal Bill to Legalize Cannabis Banking
- AccountingWEB: What Does Rising Talent Look for in a CPA Firm?
- AccountingWEB: 3 Steps to Staying Sharp Through Our Busy Season
- Accounting Today: A View from the Trenches: Handling the IRS, clients and the other frustrations of tax filing season
- International Association of Professional Accountants, Americas Chapter – Vice President
- EcoTarium – Trustee and Treasurer
- Assumption College – Accounting Advisory Board, President’s Council
- MSCPA – Management of Accounting Practice Committee
- 15-40 Connection – Central MA Board of Advisors