David McManus, CPA, CGMA
Dave is AAFCPAs’ co-managing partner, providing assurance, tax planning & compliance solutions to privately-held commercial companies. His client base consists of multinational manufacturing & distribution companies, real estate developers, auto dealerships, as well as high tech, bio tech, cannabis, and renewable energy companies.
Dave’s areas of expertise include corporate tax planning & compliance, including tax aspects of US companies with foreign subsidiaries, as well as foreign companies that do business within the US. He provides US market entry point consulting, advising multinational commercial corporations and nonprofits seeking to enter US markets via Boston, MA. Dave’s guidance allows these multinational organizations to optimize their global growth and expansion plans, minimize regulatory and tax risks, and increase their competitive advantage in the US. He provides tax efficient business entity structuring of US operations, certification of tax residency, as well as corporate and multi-state income/franchise tax planning and compliance, sales and use tax consulting and compliance, transfer pricing/customs valuations, ASC 740 tax provisions, and due diligence for mergers and acquisitions. He advises clients on the impact of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (H.R. 1), including emerging requirements that could impact business and practical steps to take in response. Dave recommends solutions that are consistent with clients’ overall business objectives and, by identifying appropriate tax treatment, that are consistent with good business practices and the jurisdiction’s applicable tax laws and rules.
Dave leads AAF’s Employee Benefit Plan Audit Division and is the firm’s designated Partner of the AICPA’s Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center. He oversees the majority of AAF’s ERISA employee benefit plan audits. Dave has been delivering exceptional value to AAFCPAs’ clients since 1987.
- Assumption College – Bachelor of Science, Accounting
- AccountingWEB: 3 Steps to Staying Sharp Through Our Busy Season
- Accounting Today: A View from the Trenches: Handling the IRS, clients and the other frustrations of tax filing season
- International Association of Professional Accountants, Americas Chapter – Vice President
- Shrewsbury American Youth Football and Cheer Organization – Board Member & Treasurer
- EcoTarium – Trustee and Treasurer
- Assumption College – Accounting Advisory Board, President’s Council
- MSCPA – Management of Accounting Practice Committee