Dana Marks, CPA
Dana has been delivering exceptional value to AAF clients since 1981. Dana provides solutions for closely-held and family-run businesses, and advises a wide variety of nonprofits.
Dana’s commercial experience includes: technology, manufacturing, retail and distribution industries. His clients require multi-state and international tax filings, and external financial reporting (audits, reviews or compilations). He helps companies fully interpret the financial and operational information discovered during the audit process. This advice leads to informed decision-making and positively impacts business performance. He also delivers active tax guidance that aligns and optimizes the tax planning needs of both the individual owners and the entity.
Dana’s nonprofit clients include schools, religious organizations, and human and social services organizations that face complex reporting and compliance issues, including new IRS regulations, Uniform Guidance/Single Audit requirements, UFR filings, financial statement audits, and strategic planning. He also advises clients in the areas of internal control enhancements, operational budgeting and forecasting, structuring endowments and capital campaigns.
Dana is a member of AAF’s Executive Committee and involved in the strategic decision-making of the firm.
- University of Massachusetts at Amherst – Bachelor of Science, Accounting
- ARC of Greater Haverhill-Newburyport – Board Member and Treasurer
- Lawrence General Hospital – Audit Committee
- American Cancer Society – Former Fundraising Committee Member
- United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley – Former Finance Committee and Executive Committee Member