Uniform Guidance / Single Audits
AAFCPAs has extensive experience working with nonprofit organizations and their funding sources, including federal and state agencies.
Our audit solutions are efficient and non-disruptive to your business with meaningful information extracted from the audit process that adds value to your decision-making processes.
Uniform Guidance / Single Audit
Audits of States, Local Governments, and Non-Profit Organizations
Entities that exceed thresholds in federal awards are subject to audit requirements that are commonly referred to as single audits. AAF’s single audit solutions reduce risks associated with complex government requirements and ensure internal controls are effective.
AAFCPAs delivers much more than the required compliance:
- Preeminent Expertise – The expertise of our people comes through the culmination of a lifetime of formal education, continuous learning, and diverse, hands-on work experience solving our clients’ issues pragmatically. Our partners are regarded as the authority in the industries we serve.
- Responsiveness & Physical Presence – Unique to AAF, our expertise is delivered hands-on by our partners. Our partners are approachable, easily accessible and proactive with advice to solve your issues. You will experience impeccable service.
- Chemistry and Communication – We take the time to field a team that best fits your company, personality, and expectations. We get to know you and your business’s goals. We examine your operations and processes from the inside out in order to make sound business recommendations.
- Data Analysis Software – AAF utilizes advanced data extraction software to uncover odd or unusual transactions, irregularities, and potential risk areas.
- Proactive Communication – Clear communication and regular dialogue are a hallmark of the AAF client experience.
- Speed in Decision Making – Deadlines are proactively met. Conclusions on technical audit and tax issues are addressed quickly at a local level. You will never experience delay or have to wait for a decision to be made by national headquarters.
- Meaningful Presentations – We deliver meaningful presentations and reports to owners, management, and those charged with governance. These include advice on enhancements to industry best practices, internal systems and controls, as well as a historical trend analysis:
- the past 3-5 years (if applicable) of business activity
- key financial indicators
- a comparative analysis and benchmarking
Program Specific Audits
When Single Audit thresholds are not met, or if all federal funds received are from one program or cluster of federal programs, you may elect to have a program-specific audit conducted instead of a single audit. In certain circumstances, federal and state statutes, program regulations, or funding contracts require program-specific or project audit coverage. In addition to providing the required compliance, AAF’s program-specific audits allow our clients to comply with their myriad funding source reporting requirements in a cost effective manner.
AAFCPAs serves as a trusted advisor and provides sound financial management advice and best practice recommendations. Our clients consider us a best-value CPA firm because we consistently deliver that ideal combination of expertise, service, and price.