Matthew Hutt, CPA, CGMA
Matt leads AAFCPAs’ Healthcare Division, providing assurance, tax and advisory solutions for sophisticated and complex healthcare organizations including Federally Qualified Health Centers, behavioral health providers, home care agencies and hospices, nursing homes, and senior care living centers. Matt advises healthcare providers on consolidation and coordination of care, including the integration of behavioral health into the primary care delivery system. He also provides consulting solutions for providers transitioning to new value-based reimbursement models, and data driven patient care, including: developing business process and controls for collecting and advantaging data to provide analysis on: provider activity, delivery of care, and analysis of efficiency & cost effectiveness. He has expertise with federal, state, and other regulatory compliance requirements, including Uniform Guidance/Single Audit requirements and other related federal funds.
Matt leads AAFCPAs Accounting and Assurance Committee, which is responsible for establishing the firms’ policies and procedure. This committee also reviews and comments on exposure drafts and implements new standards within the firm.
Matt is a member of AAFCPAs’ Lease Task Force, providing consulting solutions to clients for the efficient and effective implementation of the new lease standard, including assessing the impact of the new standards, and guidance throughout the transition process. He conducts numerous financial management and regulatory compliance training sessions for clients and membership associations, including: the Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers, the Rhode Island Health Center Association, and the Massachusetts-Rhode Island Chapter of HFMA.
- Northeastern University – Bachelor of Science, Business Administration with concentrations in Accounting and Management
- Healthcare Financial Management Association – Revenue Cycle Committee
- Employment Options – Board of Directors and Treasurer
- Northeastern University Alumni Mentoring Program
- Strength Matters® Affordable Housing Financial Professionals Group
- HFMA: Updated Reporting Requirements for the CARES Act Provider Relief Fund: What Providers Need to Know
- Modern Healthcare (Subscriber content): Are Hospitals Making Money Treating COVID-19 Patients?
- HFMA: The COVID-19 Impact on the Revenue Cycle for Hospitals and Other Healthcare Providers
- Managed Healthcare Executive: How the Stark Law is an Obstacle to Care Coordination
- Boston Business Journal: Merger talks with Partners go on after Harvard Pilgrim CEO’s abrupt departure
- Managed Healthcare Executive: Five healthcare policies to expect under President Trump