Matthew Hutt, CPA, CGMA
Matt leads AAFCPAs’ Healthcare Division, providing assurance, tax and advisory solutions for Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), behavioral health providers, home care agencies and hospices, nursing homes, and senior care living centers. Matt advises healthcare providers on consolidation and coordination of care, including the integration of behavioral health into the primary care delivery system. He also provides consulting solutions for providers transitioning to new value-based reimbursement models, and data driven patient care, including: developing business process and controls for collecting and advantaging data to provide analysis on: provider activity, delivery of care, and analysis of efficiency & cost effectiveness. Matt is also highly-sought after for his knowledge on issues related to affordable housing developers with requirements related to the US Department of Housing and Urban Development, MassHousing, Low Income Housing Tax Credits, Historical Tax Credits and New Markets Tax Credits. He is an expert with federal, state, and other regulatory compliance requirements, including Uniform Guidance/Single Audit requirements, and with FQHC requirements of federal Section 330 grants and other related federal funds.
Matt is a member of AAFCPAs’ Revenue Recognition Task Force, providing consulting solutions to clients for the efficient and effective implementation of Rev Rec, including: assessing the impact of the new standards, and guidance throughout the transition process. He conducts numerous financial management and regulatory compliance training sessions for clients and membership associations, including: the Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers, the Rhode Island Health Center Association, the Massachusetts Council of Human Service Providers, the Massachusetts-Rhode Island Chapter of HFMA, and the Massachusetts Association of Community Development Corporations. Matt has been serving AAFCPAs’ clients since 1991.
- Northeastern University – Bachelor of Science, Business Administration with concentrations in Accounting and Management
- Healthcare Financial Management Association – Revenue Cycle Committee
- Employment Options – Board of Directors and Treasurer
- Northeastern University Alumni Mentoring Program
- Strength Matters® Affordable Housing Financial Professionals Group
- HFMA: Updated Reporting Requirements for the CARES Act Provider Relief Fund: What Providers Need to Know
- Modern Healthcare (Subscriber content): Are Hospitals Making Money Treating COVID-19 Patients?
- HFMA: The COVID-19 Impact on the Revenue Cycle for Hospitals and Other Healthcare Providers
- Managed Healthcare Executive: How the Stark Law is an Obstacle to Care Coordination
- Boston Business Journal: Merger talks with Partners go on after Harvard Pilgrim CEO’s abrupt departure
- Managed Healthcare Executive: Five healthcare policies to expect under President Trump