CPAs with Education Expertise
AAF serves diverse education clients spanning higher education, charter schools and charter management organizations, private schools, other educational focused programs and chapter 766 schools.
Our extensive experience within the education industry makes us uniquely qualified to serve you. AAF fully understands the nuances of the education industry and its particular business and operational challenges, including funding and regulatory issues.
Capital Campaign Strategies – We develop accounting procedures and financial strategies for clients’ capital campaigns.
Debt Structures – AAF provides construction and operational forecasts in connection with financed projects, and evaluates the costs and accounting requirements associated with financing, including:
- Tax-exempt financing
- Bond financing
- New Markets Tax Credits
- Other credit enhancement products
- Interest rate swap agreements
Diversified Investment Portfolios – We look for efficiencies in investment accounting and valuation of alternative investments.
Endowments – We help with complex endowments by assisting in developing and evaluating investment and spending policies, designing reporting structures, and evaluating and improving internal controls over investment activities in line with the Uniform Prudent Management of Institutional Funds Act (UPMIFA).
Benchmarking– Utilizing our proprietary databases, AAF can demonstrate to clients how they compare to industry averages and other select nonprofits. Present ratios and benchmarking to other schools, comparing revenues per student, return on fundraising expenses, occupancy costs, net assets, working capital, and other measures.
Accreditation – A number of our clients have improved their accreditation scores through strategic initiatives designed to improve a school’s balance sheet, financial statements and credit picture.
Regulations – Deep knowledge of the policies, procedures and regulations related to educational organization’s financial requirements at all levels.
Profit Enhancement Solutions
- Managed Accounting Solutions: Right-size, outsourced accounting solutions, from cloud-based bookkeeping to high level CFO oversight oversight
- Business Performance, Internal Controls & IT Advisory
- Institutional investment advice, money management, financial planning & consulting, executive deferred compensation & retirement plan consulting, and succession planning solutions
- Fiduciary guidance and investment advisory solutions for employee benefit plan sponsors
- Technical Accounting Advisory: Implementation of new accounting standards, assistance with complex operational and financial transactions, audit preparation
What our clients say
“I am really impressed with AAFCPAs’ procedures and end- product. From start to finish, AAF has been very professional; more importantly, the team is very knowledgeable and it’s incredibly helpful to have auditors that can help organizations think through various issues.”
Bridge Boston Charter School | Jug Chokshi, Former Executive Director