Diversity & Inclusion
AAFCPAs has worked tirelessly to embrace diversity throughout all levels of the organization. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and are a recognized leader among CPA firms for our successful diversity initiatives. The most noteworthy accomplishments to date are:
- Women and minorities account for 39% of AAF leadership. These partners are respected and admired by all team members at AAF for their hard work and commitment to clients and colleagues. One individual was just 37 years old when he was admitted as partner of AAF, making him not only a minority, but one of the fastest homegrown partners at the firm.
- AAF has female leadership. Carla McCall, CPA, co-managing partner, has been recognized often in Boston’s financial community; most recently, in the Boston Business Journal Woman UP feature and by the MSCPA’s Woman to Watch Awards. Carla is honored to pave the way for future women leaders at AAFCPAs.
- AAF has a thriving Women’s Opportunity Network (WON). This Network is a forum to understand the issues faced by women in the profession. AAF’s WON is committed to developing creative ways to help women succeed in finding that magic balance between home life, family and career.
- 53% of AAF’s current Manager Team are women. In 2011, that percentage was only 16%. This demonstrates AAF’s commitment to retaining women at the management level.
- AAF’s number of female supervisors has increased 50% since 2011.
- 10% of AAF’s professional staff were born in locations such as: China, South Africa, Kenya, Liberia, Russia, Albania, Taiwan, Greece, India and Portugal.
- AAF’s recruitment outreach involves local, regional, and national organizations
- National Association of Black Accountants (NABA)
- Association of Latino Professionals in Finance & Accounting (ALPFA)
- Diversity and Inclusiveness are strategically aligned with AAF’s business goals
AAF fully embraces the diversity platform taken by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) and participates in diversity discussions at the Massachusetts Society of CPAs (MSCPA) leadership level. We are pleased with our effort and achievements but consider it a work in progress and will not be satisfied until our organization accurately reflects the diversity of the global workforce and the communities we serve. We are determined to reach this goal!