Audit, Tax & Consulting for Multiservice Human Service Organizations
We are passionate about the work we do for our clients in the Human and Social Services sector. MSOs help those who are facing multiple complex and interrelated challenge to achieve significant, long-term outcomes.
AAFCPAs provides pragmatic solutions to evolving multiservice organizations with complex program offerings and diverse funding sources. Our services include best-value assurance and tax solutions, as well as meaningful financial analysis and business insights proven to enhance your abilities to attain greater effectiveness, resilience, adaptability, accountability and agility in times of uncertainty and financial constraints.
Proactive Guidance to Multiservice Organizations
- Evaluation of reimbursement levels, budgeting and forecasting
- Evaluation of productivity and staffing for Behavioral Health Organizations
- Reporting systems to monitor risk-based plans to ensure all related amounts are tracked and reported properly in the financials
- Improved collection of third-party receivables through operational efficiencies
- Cost report preparation and consulting
- Multi-year trend analysis including several key indicators and ratios that clearly document your business results
- Industry-specific benchmarking to peer organizations, including those that are identified by you
- Enhancement of the internal and external financial statement format to present your operations in the most clear and concise manner
- Advice on preparation and compliance requirements surrounding the Uniform Financial Report, including complexities that exist with Surplus Revenue Retention and reporting as well as new changes brought on by Chapter 257
- Guidance on UBIT, including developing comprehensive cost allocation plans that minimize the tax burden
- Comprehensive financial training for boards of directors, management and personnel
- Analysis of operational and internal control systems to provide suggested enhancements and best practice recommendations
- Guidance on federal and state funding requirements and audits in accordance with Uniform Guidance / Single Audit, and Government Audit Standards.
- Outsourced Accounting & Fractional CFO: Right-size, outsourced accounting solutions, from cloud-based bookkeeping to high level CFO oversight oversight
- Business Performance, Internal Controls & IT Advisory
- Institutional investment advice, money management, financial planning & consulting, executive deferred compensation & retirement plan consulting, and succession planning solutions
- Fiduciary guidance and investment advisory solutions for employee benefit plan sponsors
- Technical Accounting Advisory: Implementation of new accounting standards, assistance with complex operational and financial transactions, audit preparation
AAFCPAs also works with many Community Action Agencies throughout the commonwealth of Massachusetts and has solid expertise with the complex compliance requirements surrounding The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) and The Low Income Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) programs in addition to Headstart and Childcare programs. Our depth within the multiservice industry is unmatched by our peers, and gives us first-hand knowledge to keep you informed of the latest trends and opportunities.
We provide efficient and cost-effective audits, reviews, compilations and preparation of financial statements, and delivers valuable information about the financial position, performance and changes in financial position of an organization. It is our proven expertise that clients value the most.