Audit, Tax & Consulting for Early Education and Care Organizations
Center-based and Family Day Care Providers
The availability of quality and affordable child care is critically important to children’s healthy development and families’ self-sufficiency and peace-of-mind.
AAF has a long history, deeply rooted in providing professional services for the human and social services sector, including comprehensive expertise serving Early Education and Care (EEC), and multiservice organizations.
AAF has expertise in state and federally funded childcare programs and compliance requirements including the following:
- Center-based and Family Child Care funded programs through the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care
- Voucher Management Agencies
- Food programs funded by the Bureau of Family Health and Nutrition
AAF also has extensive experience with the challenges facing family daycare providers including the limitations on administration/overhead reimbursement and the strict regulatory environment in which they operate.
In addition to best-value assurance and exceptional tax expertise, AAF provides proactive guidance on areas critical to the success of our EEC clients, including:
- Provide multi-year trend analysis including key indicators and ratios designed to clearly document your business results
- Identify industry-specific benchmarking to peer organizations, including those that are identified by you
- Analyze your operational and internal control systems to provide suggested enhancements and best practice recommendations
- Provide expert advice with preparation and compliance requirements surrounding the Uniform Financial Report including complexities that exist with Surplus Revenue Retention and reporting
- Provide advice on nonprofit taxation including Unrelated Business Taxable Income and strategies to minimize tax
- Provide advice and guidance on federal and state compliance requirements, including conducting audits in accordance with Uniform Guidance / Single Audit, and Government Auditing Standards requirements
- Evaluation of reimbursement levels, budgeting and forecasting
- Guidance on operational efficiencies to improve collection of receivables
- Enhance the internal and external financial statement format to present your operations in the most clear and concise manner
- Customized and comprehensive financial training for boards of directors, management and personnel to ensure effective corporate governance
- Managed Accounting Solutions: Right-size, outsourced accounting solutions, from cloud-based bookkeeping to high level CFO oversight
- Business Performance, Internal Controls & IT Advisory
- Institutional investment advice, money management, financial planning & consulting, executive deferred compensation & retirement plan consulting, and succession planning solutions
- Fiduciary guidance and investment advisory solutions for employee benefit plan sponsors
- Technical Accounting Advisory: Implementation of new accounting standards, assistance with complex operational and financial transactions, audit preparation
It is our expertise that our clients value most. Our depth within the EEC industry is unmatched by our peers, and gives us first-hand knowledge to keep you informed of the latest trends and opportunities.
Our clients consider us a best-value CPA firm because we provide that ideal combination of expertise, service and price.