IRS Extends Federal Income Tax Filing Deadline for Individuals
AAFCPAs would like to make clients aware that the Treasury Department and the IRS recently announced that the federal income tax filing deadline for individuals will be postponed to May 17, 2021 from April 15, 2021. It is still AAFCPAs’ intention to complete individual filings by April 15th, unless you have heard otherwise from your AAFCPAs tax professional.
What You Need to Know:
- First quarter estimates for 2021 are still due April 15.
- States are not required to follow the federal changes.
- Some state due dates are based upon the federal due dates,
- Some states have their own extension form,
- Others automatically extend if a federal extension is filed,
- Readers are encouraged to investigate the reporting and payment requirements of the states in which you are required to file.
As always, AAFCPAs will continue to monitor updates from the Treasury and IRS and keep you informed as significant changes occur or provisions become clarified.
If you have any questions, please contact Daniel Seaman, CPA, Senior Tax Manager at 774.512.4025, email@example.com or your AAFCPAs Tax Partner.