Scott Posnick, CMA
Scott is a senior member of AAFCPAs’ Managed Accounting Solutions practice, providing high-level, outsourced CFO oversight and strategic planning, including financial forecasts & analysis and advising on growth strategies, business transactions, tax optimization, and strengthening internal controls. He has 35+ years of diverse, hands-on industry experience, including: high tech, biotech, manufacturing, distribution & wholesale, leasing and finance, as well as many traditional New England-based industries.
Scott is well-versed in the issues and complexities facing commercial company entrepreneurs, and he makes himself an invaluable source of financial guidance as an extended member of client management teams. He provides hands-on advice and counsel on areas critical to the success of AAFCPAs’ clients, including: budgeting, forecasting and cash management; strategies to raise, invest, optimize and preserve capital; leveraging opportunities and controlling risks associated with mergers, acquisitions, and exits/divestitures; and establishing, maintaining, and evaluating business resources such as attorneys, bankers, auditors, and insurance agents.
Scott advises emerging and small businesses, from angel and debt financing, through the sale of the company. He also advises growing businesses on right-sizing their finance function, including providing cost-benefit analysis for full outsourcing, co-sourcing, specialized resource enhancement to help address temporary staff shortages, and when it is appropriate to transition back to an internal team.
Scott is passionate about providing trust, guidance, responsiveness, and clear communication to companies and their owners/shareholders at various stages of growth. He is a proven team player, thoughtful and professional. Scott is a CMA® (Certified Management Accountant), and a strategic thinker, decision maker, risk manager, and steward of business ethics.
- CFO – Marble and Granite
- Consulting CFO – Focalex Inc. (Intermix Media Inc.)
- Consulting CFO – Sampson Lumber Co.
- Consulting CFO – Modiv Media, Inc.
- Consulting CFO – Miltons Distributing
- Consulting CFO – The Verndale Corporation
- CFO, COO – UltraCare Services, Tufts Medical Distribution
- Controller – Integrated System Assemblies
- Operations Finance Manager – Haemonetics
- Suffolk University Sawyer Business School – Masters of Business Administration, Finance & Systems
- Babson College – Bachelor of Science, Accounting
Professional and Civic Associations
- IMA® (Institute of Management Accountants)
- Annual Save the Bay Swim, Narragansett Bay, RI