During AAFCPAs’ Nonprofit Educational Seminar (April 2023), Partner and Chief Marketing Officer Matthew Boyle, MBA updated 400+ CFO and Executive Director attendees on exciting firm developments by highlighting news that may be of particular interest to our nonprofit clients.
The full session was recorded and may be viewed as a webcast at your convenience. >>
An important part of AAFCPAs’ work is focused on serving the advancements and achievements of nonprofit organizations. For half a century, we have cherished the opportunity to work alongside and be inspired by you—the advocates, financial stewards, and leaders who work selflessly to fulfill your missions and enrich the lives of so many.
Our 50th Anniversary. In 2023, AAFCPAs celebrates its 50th anniversary. During this milestone, we reflect on the tremendously positive impact nonprofit organizations make not only on our communities but also on our own organization. Service defines the spirit of our people, the work that unites us, and the essence of the AAFCPAs culture. This rings true even most recently, as we integrated a bike building activity into our 2023 annual summer outing, where team members worked together to assemble 24 20-inch bicycles that were donated to children aged 6 through 10 from low-income households.
Our Year-end Impact Report. In 2022, AAFCPAs released its third annual year-end impact report detailing the positive impact we made throughout the year. This includes data backing our pledge to give 10 percent back to nonprofits. It also reflects on intentional actions we have taken as a firm to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion along with great strides to ensure the health and wellbeing of all employees.
Our Contribution to Giving Tuesday. In 2022, our employees donated more than $28K to charities. During Giving Tuesday, our foundation matched 100 percent of all contributions versus our standard 50 percent match throughout the year. Much of those contributions were monetary donations to 501(c)3 beneficiaries, while non-monetary gifts valued at more than $2,250 were given to 75 children from low-income households. AAFCPAs’ seven-year donation total for the #GivingTuesday movement is more than $172,000!
Our inspiration from the top. Carla McCall, CPA, CGMA inspires and models our culture of giving every day, not only volunteering during many of our service projects but also on the AICPA Board of Directors. Her work has earned the title of Most Powerful Woman in Accounting in 2020-2021, 2022, and 2023 by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and CPA Practice Advisor Magazine. As a nonprofit auditor herself, she takes your nonprofit issues with her to the national stage.
AAFCPAs is growing to meet your needs. In fact, we now have clients in 36 of 50 states. We credit this growth to our value proposition, which encompasses people, processes, and technology. Think of our value proposition as a three-legged stool with equal parts talent to help you succeed, processes to effectively run your accounting and finance function, and technology to do so highly efficiently and economically.
To that end, we are pleased to be increasingly featured in the press on both a regional and national level. Augmenting this is the content we continue to share with you, content that is differentiated by its relevance and clarity. We will continue to provide you with insights and information on a timely basis, so you stay at the pulse of your industry. We invite you to reference our blog anytime you need an easy-to-reach knowledge base or resource for research on issues that affect you.
We welcome new AAFCPAs talent.
- Dawn Hagman, Chief Talent Management Officer
- Mary-Katharine Hardy, Assistant Director, Career Development & Engagement
- Kimberly Rice, Consulting Controller, Managed Accounting Solutions
- Andrew Mathieson, Director, Business & IT Consulting
- Stuart Karas, Associate, Business & IT Consulting
- Jordan Shaw, Specialist, Robotic Process Automation
- Brenna Mellen, Associate, Business Process & IT Consulting
We celebrate four recent Partner promotions!
- Robyn Leet, Business Process Assessments & Attestations. Robyn brings 20 years of experience in the nonprofit space, helping organizations improve processes and systems that grow revenue, productivity, customer service, accuracy, and security.
- Richard O’Neil, CPA, Commercial Audit & Consulting. Rich brings extensive experience leading financial statement audits and is past recipient of the Joel Aronson Character Award, which recognizes honorable character, work ethic, and client dedication.
- Daniel Seaman, Tax Partner. Dan has extensive experience at the intersection of tax and wealth management. Supporting AAF Wealth Management, he plays a pivotal role in managing complex tax implications of financial decisions.
- Vassilis Kontoglis, Partner, Analytics, Automation & IT Security. Vassilis has more than 20 years of experience helping clients including nonprofits improve business through Robotic Process Automation, data analytics, data visualization, IT and cybersecurity solutions.
We are grateful for recent awards and recognitions.
- Recognized on Forbes’ 2023 Best Tax & Accounting Firms
- Ranked #95 on Accounting Today’s 2023 Annual List of the Nation’s Largest Accounting Firms
- Ranked #7 on BBJ’s 2023 List of the Largest Accounting Firms in Massachusetts
- Recognized on Accounting Today’s 2022 Top 150 Wealth Management CPA firms
Please also join us in congratulating our own Joyce Ripianzi, who was honored in November 2022 with the ECCF Professional Advisor Award for her outstanding commitment to the nonprofit sector. Joyce has so often been considered the first person nonprofit leaders turn to when they need immediate and sound advice.
AAFCPAs brings great minds and great hearts together to make a powerful difference in the work and achievements of nonprofit organizations. We have cherished the opportunity to work alongside you for half a century and are motivated in a significant way to help you make an even greater impact going forward.
If you have questions, please contact Matthew Boyle, MBA, Partner at 774.512.4125 or firstname.lastname@example.org—or your AAFCPAs Partner.