AAFCPAs to Present FEI-Boston’s 2020 Ethics Symposium
AAFCPAs’ Jeffrey Mead, CPA, CGMA and Olga Yasinnik, MBA, CPA will again lead the annual 4-hour presentation on ethics CPE webinar on Building Ethical Management & Culture at FEI-Boston’s May 8th virtual Ethics Symposium. Jeff and Olga will be joined by guest speakers Jennifer H. Elder, entrepreneur, AICPA instructor, and author of Faster Disaster Recovery and Jeffrey Davis, entrepreneur, and CEO & Host of Radio Entrepreneurs.
This symposium will explore ethical professional conduct and personal moral judgement, including:
- General views and attitudes towards ethics
- The AICPA Code of Professional conduct – plain English
- Who does it impact?
- Bright line rules & everything else
- Unique and true stories about ethical lapses
- What can go wrong? Understanding the ethical responsibilities of corporate CPAs
- Review an ethical decision checklist
- Identifying threats and consideration of safeguards
- Review a framework for making ethical decisions when guidance is NOT available
- Independence as it relates to public practice in fact and in appearance
This course is based on the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct and will cover the Conceptual Framework, as well as rules and interpretations applicable to CPAs. AAFCPAs is a proud active long-time Partner of FEI-Boston and past ethics symposiums led by the firm have been very well received.
Friday, May 8, 2020
8 am – 12 pm
This training qualifies for 4 ethics CPE credits for CPAs and is complimentary to FEI-Boston members and prospective members. Please feel free to spread the word to anyone who may benefit from the sharing of this insight. Click here to reserve your “seat.” >>