High Tech & Software CPA & Consulting
Industry leaders in the technology sectors are constantly addressing the need to achieve greater automation, integration, standardization, at a lower cost and with better performance. Financial performance is critical to competitive advantage.
AAFCPAs provides best-value solutions to high-tech clients, from early-stage companies to multinational software, hardware, and services providers. Our trusted advice provides business and financial solutions to best position your business to anticipate rapid innovation, and fast and agile competition.
AAF’s tax, assurance and advisory solutions help technology clients increase their competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Tax Planning & Compliance
We realize there is a lot at stake when it comes to tax. Here are a few areas we examine that could have a major impact on minimizing your tax burden:
- State and Local Tax (SALT) exposure
- Cost capitalization issues
- Compensation Strategies: Wages, distributions, or a combination of the two.
- Income leveling: Lower tax brackets through leveling.
- Continuous research and analysis of opportunities to maximize federal and state tax credits.
- Integration with owners’ and/or executives’ personal tax situations.
- R&D tax credit reviews
AAFCPAs’ tax department also includes trust & estate tax strategists, who solve complex owner-related legal issues impacting your business and its owners.
AAF provides an efficient and cost-effective audit or review, and delivers valuable information about the financial position, performance and changes in financial position of an enterprise.
- Audits, reviews, compilations and preparation of financial statements
- Guidance on transitioning to the new standards regarding revenue recognition models, such as:
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Perpetual license models
- Multiple-element arrangements
- Cost capitalization guidance
- Management assertion testing
- Internal audits
- Pension and employee benefit plan reviews and audits (ERISA)
- Financial forecasts and projections
- Internal controls review and design
- Due diligence on acquisitions and divestitures
- Customized assurances services
- Efficient and non-disruptive to your business
Outsourced, Cloud-based Accounting Solutions:
- Remote, cloud-based transactional accounting
- Finance function operations assessments
- Accounting infrastructure set-up
- Monthly accounting
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Cost accounting
- Inventory Accounting
- Guidance on right-sizing people, processes, and systems
- Monthly internal financial statements
- Implementation of new accounting standards
- Audit preparation
- CFO oversight & strategic planning, and controller services
- Assistance with investor presentations and complex equity agreements
Profit Enhancement Solutions
- Business Performance, Internal Controls & IT Advisory
- Financial forecasts and projections
- Data analytics and fraud detection
- Protecting intellectual property
- Accounting for international transactions
- Equity compensation
- VC funding and management
- Managed Accounting Solutions: Right-size, outsourced accounting solutions, from cloud-based bookkeeping to high level CFO oversight oversight
- Institutional investment advice, money management, financial planning & consulting, executive deferred compensation & retirement plan consulting, and succession planning solutions
- Fiduciary guidance and investment advisory solutions for employee benefit plan sponsors
- Technical Accounting Advisory: Implementation of new accounting standards, assistance with complex operational and financial transactions, audit preparation
- Business Valuation
Our industry specialists have over 40 years of proven experience in delivering business advisory, assurance and tax services to high tech and software companies with revenues from $500K to over $200M. Our clients consider us a best-value CPA firm because we provide that ideal combination of expertise, service and price. Let us do the same for you.
“We have easy access & flexibility with our AAFCPAs Partner, who is a knowledgeable and trusted sounding board. This was especially valuable when tackling our 606 implementation. The team spent the time necessary to guide us through the process. We appreciate that they are here, flexible and easy to access, so we can consult with them and execute quickly.”
Swoop | Cindy Smith, Chief Financial Officer