Nexus Analysis and Tax Exposure Due Diligence for Business Transactions
AAFCPAs Tax Professionals provide tax due diligence solutions for buy-side, sell-side, private equity, and internal transactions.
Tax issues are among the most common items discovered during the due diligence process for both buyers and sellers. AAFCPAs assists corporate buyers and sellers in gaining a comprehensive understanding of the tax liabilities of a target company. Our experienced tax professionals analyze tax issues and information that could impact a transaction, including compliance with federal, state, local, and international tax codes and regulations.
We assist clients in:
- Advanced review of tax reporting methodologies in anticipation of due diligence inquiries to ensure compliance
- Investigating historical tax risks, including assessing international, federal, & multistate Tax Nexus and Apportionment
- Review due diligence questionnaires and provide guidance on how to respond
- Review escrow proposed by the buyer related to potential tax exposure
- Identifying unutilized tax opportunities (credits and incentives)
- Accurately presenting the entity’s tax policy, tax risk management, tax calculation and declaration function
- Understanding the impact of risks & opportunities on the transaction and its price
- Choosing the right representations and warranties in the sale and purchase agreement
- Maximizing after-tax proceeds of alternative deal structures
Why choose AAFCPAs?
- AAFCPAs’ Business Transaction Advisory team has 50+ years of experience advising businesses managing and executing buy-side, sell-side, private equity, and internal transactions. We help clients make informed decisions and execute transactions through all stages of the deal cycle.
- Our in-house, multi-disciplinary team includes CPAs, certified exit planning advisors (CExPs), Consulting Tax Attorneys, Trust & Estate Tax Strategists, Consulting CFOs, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professionals (CFPs®), and independent insurance agents. We execute from all angles.
- We leverage the deep resources of our 300+ person CPA and consulting firm, as well as national and global resources, and apply our proven financial consulting and tax expertise to your transaction.
- AAFCPAs’ State & Local Tax specialists help clients understand where they should be filing and manage & streamline multistate tax compliance.
- Our broad experience helps ensure success in all aspects of the transaction, including liquidity, tax structuring, asset protection, valuation, due diligence, and profitable growth.
- We understand how quickly transaction opportunities and challenges can arise, and how these critical business decisions can influence your company’s short and long-term success.
- We help clients make informed decisions and execute transactions through all stages of the deal cycle. From identifying synergies to maximizing deal returns, AAFCPAs has the specialized knowledge, tax depth, and technical expertise that sellers, buyers and lenders need.