AAF’s Katie Belanger Recognized as Women to Watch!
AAF is excited to announce that Katie Belanger, Audit Manager is a recipient of the MSCPA’s 6th Annual Women to Watch Awards. These prestigious awards honor women who have made significant contributions to the accounting profession, their organizations, their community and in the development of women as leaders.
Katie has been with the firm since 2006, working her way up to manager and demonstrating strong leadership skills along the way.Some of Katie’s accomplishments include:
- Founding member and on the executive committee of AAF’s Women’s Opportunity Network (WON) initiative which succeeds in listening and creating dialogue on women’s issues;
- Active AAF career coach to young professional staff;
- Graduate of the Boston Chamber/Simmons School of Management’s 2013-2014 women’s leadership program which enhances her abilities to engage in the region’s business and civic communities;
- Volunteer and professional mentor for Strong Women Strong Girls, Boston Chapter, a multi-generational, innovative mentoring program designed to foster leadership skills and a sense of female community; and
- Networking mentor for students at Assumption College, her alma mater.
This is the second consecutive year AAF has had a Women to Watch winner. AAF’s Carla McCall was honored in 2013 in the experienced leader category.
Katie will be presented with her award at the MSCPA’s Women’s Leadership Summit on October 23rd at the Westin Waltham. AAF will have a table at the event and our proud team will lead the standing ovation!“Katie is a shining example of the core values of AAF and is a key reason we are retaining more women in management positions,” says Carla McCall, CPA, Co-Managing Partner of AAF. “She is a role model for young professional women and is truly deserving of this award.”