AAFCPAs Celebrates National Health Center Week
This week, August 13-19, 2017, is National Health Center Week, and AAFCPAs invites you to join us in celebrating the great work and significant impact of these consumer-driven and patient-centered organizations!
Did you know?
- Health Centers are proudly celebrating over 50 years of service.
- One in every fifteen people living in the United States depends on health center services.
- Over 25 million patients served…some of the nation’s most vulnerable:
- Over 300,000 veterans
- Nearly 1.2 million homeless patients
- 5 million children
- 83% are uninsured or publicly insured
- 92% are low income
- Health Centers have a presence in every US state and territory, and the District of Columbia.
- 1,400+ organizations, 9,800+ delivery sites, 55% rural
- Centers are located in high need areas with few physicians, higher than average infant mortality, and elevated poverty.
- Health centers employ nearly 190,000 people and provide comprehensive services: behavioral health, chronic disease management, preventive services, enabling services, oral health.
- $45.6 billion in total economic activity generated
- $24 billion in savings to the entire health care system
- Health Centers save, on average, $2,371 per Medicaid patient compared to other providers.
*Source: America’s Health Centers Fact Sheet, 2017
Health centers are essential in coordinating primary care & preventive services for millions of Americans!
AAFCPAs proudly serves 28 FQHC clients throughout New England, helping these organizations to navigate the complexities of the constantly evolving healthcare industry. Our Healthcare Practice has been serving FQHCs for over 40 years.
Our witness to their passion serves as daily inspiration!
You may learn more about National Health Center Week by visiting https://healthcenterweek.org