AAFCPAs to Present Workshop on Right-Sizing Your Finance Function at Cannabis Convention, Boston
AAFCPAs has been selected to present an educational workshop: Right-Size Your Finance Function at the 5th Annual New England Cannabis Convention, March 22-24th, 2019, at the Hynes Convention Center, Boston MA.
The New England Cannabis Convention in Boston is considered the can’t-miss event of the year by cannabis growers and business cultivators across the region. This will be the largest, most important cannabis industry event on the East Coast.
Right-Size Your Finance Function
The Cannabis industry is new, fast growing, and highly-regulated. In this industry, you may go from license approval in one week, to a $1 million revenue per week enterprise the next—and there is no margin for error when it comes to effectively managing your finances and resourcing your team. In this interactive workshop, AAFCPAs’ Partner & Managed Accounting Solutions Practice Leader Janice O’Reilly, CPA, CGMA and Tax Consulting Specialist Josh England, JD, LLM will share our first-hand experiences and recommendations on how to “Right-Size” your Cannabis finance function, which includes the interconnected components: People, Processes, and IT Systems. These components are a three-legged stool, that when optimized in an interconnected ongoing effort, can effectively address evolving organizational needs.
Attendees will gain insight into:
- The core functions of any finance department, and the unique skills necessary to manage Cannabis finances.
- How to accurately right-size your finance function. We will tell you exactly what you need, and eliminate waste.
- What you should and should not outsource.
- Which cloud solutions save you time and money through efficiencies in processes and reporting.
- When to reassess people, processes and systems, and how to establish a culture of Continuous Improvement.
Learn more about NECANN Boston >> Please spread the word so others may benefit from this helpful industry conference, and please contact Janice O’Reilly or Josh England if you are headed to the Convention!