AAFCPAs Donates $20,000 in Support of the Firm’s Social Mission
AAFCPAs’ team members look forward to their firm-sponsored annual Paid Day of Service. However, the Coronavirus pandemic made in-person volunteering a challenge this year. In lieu of this year’s Paid Day of Service, team members were offered the option to donate their volunteer day of pay to charities in need, and their response was overwhelmingly positive!
Our 2020 Paid Day of Service donation totaled $20,000. As a result, the following nonprofits received checks from AAFCPAs’ company-sponsored Charitable Foundation:
- Baypath Humane Society – Donations provide shelter, care, humane treatment and loving homes for stray or unwanted companion animals.
- Farmland Conservancy – Donations support and promote the value and care of endangered farm animals.
- New England Center for Children – Donations help a child with autism today and for the rest of their life.
- North Suffolk Mental Health – Donations help provide mental health services to individuals, and especially children, in under-served communities.
- Pine Street Inn – Donations help support vulnerable men and women in taking the steps they need to rebuild their lives.
- Saint Francis House – Donations help provide basic, rehabilitative, and housing services to more than 500 individuals every day of the year.
Our Diversity & Inclusion Committee specifically identified regional nonprofit beneficiaries dedicated to ensuring a society in which all individuals have equal rights without discrimination based on race. These donation recipients include:
- ROCA – Donations help create safety and stability for young people at the center of urban violence.
- Strategies for Youth – Donations help improve police/youth relations and protect communities.
- ACLU Foundation of Massachusetts – Donations help provide the support necessary to preserve, protect, and defend our constitutional rights and individual liberties, including the ACLU’s racial justice program.
- Massachusetts Communities Action Network (MCAN) – Donations support the creation of stronger and more equitable communities.
Community service is a core value at AAFCPAs. We care about the communities where we live and work by thoughtfully sharing our resources and contributing to the betterment of all. We also accomplish this through our dedication to the success of nonprofit organizations. AAFCPAs celebrates the many nonprofits that enrich our lives by committing to donate 10% of our net income annually back to nonprofits.