AAFCPAs’ Joyce Ripianzi to Present Accounting & Tax Update for Nonprofit EDs and Board Members
AAFCPAs Partner Joyce Ripianzi, CPA has been selected to present an educational Accounting & Tax Update on March 9th as part of the Essex County Community Foundation’s 10th Annual Institute for Trustees. This annual event is designed to provide education, training and best practices for first year board members as well as the most seasoned trustees.
In this extended workshop session, Joyce will provide key considerations and best practice recommendations related to the implementation of new accounting standards and tax code changes, including:
- Technical Accounting Guidance related to:
- Presentation of Financial Statements of Not-for-Profit Entities (ASU 2016-14, Topic 958);
- Leases (ASU 2016-02, Topic 842);
- Revenue from Contracts with Customers (ASU 2014-09, Topic 606), and Clarifying the Scope and the Accounting Guidance for Contributions Received and Contribution Made (ASU 2018-08, Topic 958);
- Financial Instruments — Credit Losses (ASU 2016-13, Topic 326);
- Guidance on the Tax Cuts & Jobs Act’s (TCJA) impact on nonprofit operations and filing requirements, including:
- UBIT changes;
- Siloing requirements;
- Taxability of qualified transportation fringe benefits; and
- How tax code changes influence the way donors approach their giving.
- Joyce also looks forward to answering any burning questions from the audience of trustees!
When: Saturday, March 9, 2019 | 7:30AM – 4:30PM (AAFCPAs/Joyce’s session is 10:15-11:30.)
Where: Pingree School, 537 Highland Ave, So. Hamilton, MA
Visit eccf.org/IFT2019 to learn more. >>
Understanding and implementing accounting standards can be complex, time-consuming, and often requires skills and expertise not found on your internal finance team. AAFCPAs provides financial management assistance on complex technical accounting issues, allowing clients to confidently apply the standards with greater efficiency and ease. Learn more. >>
If you have questions about how these complex technical accounting issues may impact you, please contact Joyce Ripianzi, CPA at 774.512.9042, firstname.lastname@example.org; or your AAFCPAs Partner.
About the ECCF’s Institute for Trustees
The Institute for Trustees is an all-day conference for boards of directors, boards of trustees and executive directors of nonprofit organizations. This annual event features presentations from the region’s leading experts on board development, financial sustainability, fundraising, strategic planning, board/staff relations and more. The day promotes thought provoking discussion on timely topics facing boards of all sizes and expertise, as well as networking opportunities with hundreds of peers equally committed to their leadership roles.