Joel Aronson, CPA, PFS, MBA
At the end of 2019, Joel Aronson retired from AAFCPAs after a distinguished 45-year career as Partner, Wealth Advisor, & Founder of AAFCPAs Wealth Management.
Joel is nationally recognized for the impact of his work with nonprofit organizations. Throughout his career, Joel inspired many nonprofits to act and operate like for-profits. “I wish the term ‘nonprofit’ never came into existence,” said Joel. “I prefer the term ‘tax-exempt organization’ and believe it would influence the mind-set of management teams to expect and insist on driving profitable programs.” Joel co-developed and taught highly acclaimed courses in budget and financial management systems and participated in industry-wide forums as a highly-coveted trainer, lecturer and advisor. He will continue to contribute his financial management expertise as a Board member and advisor for organizations whose missions inspire him.
Joel founded AAFCPAs Wealth Management, a boutique Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) firm, in 2001 to fulfill our clients’ unmet needs for independent, honest financial advice. His personalized, holistic approach was to blend objective investment advice, financial planning and real-world goal setting to best meet each client’s short and long-term goals, while controlling risks. AAFCPAs Wealth Management transitioned leadership in 2018 to Carmen Grinkis, PhD, CLTC, CFP® and Andrew Hammond, CFP®. Throughout the transition, Joel had a dedicated focus on ensuring the transfer of institutional knowledge, expertise, service philosophy, culture, and wisdom, and facilitating the development of meaningful relationships with clients and friends of the firm.
Joel is known by his AAFCPAs Partners and colleagues for his mentorship and impact on the firm’s culture. He mentors many who attribute their career success to Joel’s wisdom and respected guidance. He makes a tremendously positive impact on the people of our firm, our clients, and our community.
AAFCPAs continues to honor Joel’s legacy of caring and selflessness with the prestigious Joel Aronson Character Award, given annually to the AAFCPAs team member who best epitomizes Joel’s honorable character, work ethic, and client dedication.
- Babson College – Master of Business Administration, summa cum laude
- Northeastern University – Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, cum laude
- Society for Nonprofits: The Bucket System: Managing Your Assets in the face of Volatility
- Massachusetts Nonprofit Network: Nonprofit 411: The “Bucket system” for Nonprofits: Managing Cash and Investments
- World Unity, Inc. – Trustee
- Project Bread, The Walk for Hunger – Past Treasurer and Current Volunteer
- Executive Service Corps of New England – Past Treasurer and Current Advisory Board Member
- Pro-bono training and advising for the nonprofit community