Joel Aronson, CPA, PFS, MBA
Joel has been successfully serving AAF clients since 1975. Joel is directly involved in client service and has been a major contributor to the success of AAF over the years. He provides audit and assurance, consulting and tax services to closely-held businesses, nonprofit organizations, and high-net-worth individuals. He advises his clients on tax and business strategies and consults with them on succession planning and investment management. Joel is nationally recognized for his work with nonprofit organizations. His clients include national association chapters, foundations, grant-making organizations, arts organizations, schools, community health centers, community development corporations and social service agencies.
Joel has co-developed and teaches a highly acclaimed course in budget and financial management systems for the nonprofit industry. He often participates in industry-wide forums as a highly-coveted trainer, lecturer and advisor. He inspires many nonprofits to act and operate like for-profits. “I wish the term ‘nonprofit’ never came into existence. I prefer the term ‘tax-exempt organization’ and believe it would influence the mind-set of management teams to expect and insist on driving profitable programs.”
Joel is the managing partner of AAFCPAs Wealth Management, AAF’s affiliate financial planning and wealth management company. He is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), an investment advisory professional and a Registered Securities Representative. He has achieved the designation of Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) accredited by the American Institute of CPAs.
- Babson College – Master of Business Administration, summa cum laude
- Northeastern University – Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, cum laude
- Society for Nonprofits: The Bucket System: Managing Your Assets in the face of Volatility
- Massachusetts Nonprofit Network: Nonprofit 411: The “Bucket system” for Nonprofits: Managing Cash and Investments
- World Unity, Inc. – Trustee
- Project Bread, The Walk for Hunger – Past Treasurer and Current Volunteer
- Executive Service Corps of New England – Past Treasurer and Current Advisory Board Member
- Pro-bono training and advising for the nonprofit community